Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Coming Soon: "Lightning" Metallica-Themed Sound Font (Preview Video)  (Read 15752 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »

Quick Update...

The font package is 100% complete and it has been uploaded.

The Overview & Tutorial video is in production. All of the video has been shot, all of the audio has been recorded & produced and editing is about 75% done.

I'm planning to release this week Smiley

Thanks again for your patience. I poke fun at the delay a bit in the intro to the video Grin

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2019, 10:14:29 PM »

At last, the bell tolls for us all as the flames rise and the old one is awakened.  Smiley  I don't think you should be thanking us, the unwashed masses, for anything.  On the contrary, I cannot thank you enough for all the hard work you put into these fonts for our unworthy enjoyment.  I know it will be well worth the wait and I look forward to customizing the at least three or four versions of this that will be necessary across my sabers to adequately express my affection for this album.  Thank you, thank you, thank you from one happy longtime Metallica fan!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »

A quick update on the "Lightning" font...

I had finished the core font file awhile ago now, including all of the LED effects. However, as has been the case with my first two fonts, there are several more sounds in the total package than can be utilized in a font file; in this case, 183 sounds. For example, there are 22 different "Hum" sounds in this package, 5 boots, 5 force, 12 combos, etc. I wanted to be able to provide individual effects files (.peff) with the associated LED effects for all of the sounds, which has been a heck of a task, but... I just finished all of them this week.

I have determined that RGBW vs RGBA is not an issue with the color scheme of this font, so I don't need to go through and create all of the effect files again to suit RGBA, which is nice Smiley

So, all I need to do is shoot and produce the video for the release. Since there have been two full tutorial videos already ("Son of Darkness" and "Hardwired"), this video will likely just be the "effects showcase".

I'm off to Star Wars Celebration a few short hours from now, so it will sit for a couple days. However, I'll resume production on Sunday and it shouldn't be long!

Thank you all for your patience on this one. I bit off more than I could chew there for about a month, and I know it has taken longer than usual.

Look forward to it!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »

Thank you for the up date. This week you say? Raffle ends, new saber gets shipped and DPM is releasing the lighting!?!  This might be the best week of the whole year for me! Thank you! I cant wait!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2019, 04:57:42 PM »

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: