Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V3.1 Quick Disconnect Question  (Read 1030 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:28 AM »

Greetings!  I'm about to order my first saber but I have a question regarding the quick disconnect option.  I'd like to get an Archon V3.1 with the Tri-Consular Green, but I would like to have option to swap colors later to the Tri-Guardian Blue.  The description on the quick disconnect option states that the is an option offered with sabers that use the MLS, but the Archon V3.1 is not listed as one that uses the MLS.  Can I still select the quick disconnect option and use a regular LED module with its own quick disconnect to swap out the color?

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:10:32 AM »

As you go through the options for the Archon 3.1, it will ask if you want quick disconnects

And, yes, you should be able to swap in a regular LED module with QD

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:10 AM »

Don't worry, the Archon 3.1 uses the MLS heatsink (wide lip at top)

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:27:35 AM »

As the owner of an Archon 3.1 with quick disconnects, I can confirm that you can specify them and they work just fine with any MLS units.  However, if you want to swap colors I highly recommend you spring for tri-cree MLS units in the other colors (as you appear to be planning) because the thin neck cuts down on brightness a ton and you need all the help you can get.  For that same reason I'd recommend a non-UltraEdge blade to avoid the additional brightness hit from the white polycarbonate.  I learned that lesson the hard way and had to order a clear blade later because the thing was just too dim even with tri-green.  That last bit's just my opinion, others may disagree.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:56:14 PM »

As the owner of an Archon 3.1 with quick disconnects, I can confirm that you can specify them and they work just fine with any MLS units.  However, if you want to swap colors I highly recommend you spring for tri-cree MLS units in the other colors (as you appear to be planning) because the thin neck cuts down on brightness a ton and you need all the help you can get.  For that same reason I'd recommend a non-UltraEdge blade to avoid the additional brightness hit from the white polycarbonate.  I learned that lesson the hard way and had to order a clear blade later because the thing was just too dim even with tri-green.  That last bit's just my opinion, others may disagree.
Agreed, tri-cree is the best for Archon 3.1 IMO as well

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »

Adding to what ktulu and DV said, Tri-Cree is the best to go with any saber in my opinion if you don't care for FOC.   It's the brightest and the color doesn't fade towards the tip of the blade.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 01:42:15 AM »

Thanks for the help everyone!  I ordered an Archon V3.1 with the TRI Consular Green with the non UE heavy grade blade and the quick disconnect.  Now for the hard part...the wait for it to arrive. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »

You're welcome, I look forward to seeing pictures.  Yeah, the anxious anticipation of waiting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: