Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Vor'ad Jorb'ir here!  (Read 3023 times)
VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« on: January 11, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »

After watching and waiting for what felt like an eternity, I finally purchased and received my lightsaber, an initiate v3 in VA. I'm planning on getting another and making a saber staff for fun, but also using color discs to fulfill my character's destiny Smiley
I've grown up around Mandalorian culture more so than Jedi, I think Karen Traviss' Republic Commando books were just too good. Brotherhood and tactical prowess are things my family has always been interested in (Cousin in the Marines, little brother is on his way to being a forensic detective with an unusual penchant for guns, bullet types, down to the smallest detail).
I always saw myself as less of a Mandalorian, and more of a confused jedi in a Mandalorian family.
Always imagined this character using 3 lightsabers, Purple, Red, and Blue, similar to Darth Traya (Funny enough, I found her after I came up with it so SW still beat me to it), but in more of a sweeping and rotational form.
Not to mention the kind of saber throws you'd get out of putting 3 sabers together and hurling the spinning mass of blades like one of Krillin from DBZ's discs

Also I have a post in the saber gallery section showing VA with color discs for wary first-timers who are worried about Adegan Silver potentially washing out their color Smiley

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »

Hey there, Vor'ad Jorb'ir!  Great intro and back story man. I like that you're from a family of Marines (Oorah!) and police so it does makes sense that you've grown up around Mandalorian culture.   I like your character's cultural turmoil, having an internal battle since you're a Jedi from a Mandalorian family so you're fighting between the two: Jedi teachings or Mandalorian traditions.  I like it man and I do hope that you get a new saber staff too.  I know that quite a few of the members on here have ordered two V5 sabers to make themselves a new staff and I have to say that the new V5s are really wicked looking, especially in staff form.  Anyhow, I look forward to reading more back story and pictures of this new staff when you get it.

PS. Tell your cousin that a fellow Marine says SEMPER FI, MARINE! GET SOME!

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »

I'll tell him when he gets up!(3 hour difference)
And thank you, I'm glad you like it Smiley
The v5s do look amazing... I just knew my first had to be the initiate. I love the choke-point aesthetic.
Are the v5s thinner? I have small hands lol

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »

I'll tell him when he gets up!(3 hour difference)
And thank you, I'm glad you like it Smiley
The v5s do look amazing... I just knew my first had to be the initiate. I love the choke-point aesthetic.
Are the v5s thinner? I have small hands lol

You're welcome.  I like the Inititate and Aeons myself.  The V5s are exactly the same as the V4s from what I can tell, the length is the same when you remove the V5 pommel too. 

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »

Welcome

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »

I'll have to look into this. It's becoming an obsession quickly
And thank you!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »

I'll have to look into this. It's becoming an obsession quickly
And thank you!

Welcome to the addiction where we won't ask you to stop and only urge you to order more and more sabers.   Cheesy

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:13 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Cool saber. And yes, it will become an addiction. Count on it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »

Yeah, you tell them your collection is complete and they laugh at you.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 03:43:55 AM »

Welcome to the forum

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 10:33:25 PM »

Welcome Smiley Always cool to have newcomers who know exactly what they want and why!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 11:14:17 PM »

Thanks, guys!
I plagued the staff's emails on and off with indecision for about a year haha

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 04:50:40 AM »

Hello and welcome to forum. Nice first saber!

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 04:54:02 PM »

Smiley

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 02:31:29 PM »

Welcome! I really enjoyed your story and your unique lightsaber battle explanation/saber ideas. Super interesting! That lightsaber is beautiful!

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: