Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Savior Sound Upgrade  (Read 1072 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: January 13, 2019, 05:29:28 AM »

This is something I've been wanting to do for a while. I installed sound in my Savior, which I bought during the presale as a stunt, with the intent that I'd upgrade it later. Well, it's later. I pulled this sound board out of my Dominix LE V4, which I installed without a proper chassis. Since I like my premium hilts to have sound, I decided this saber needed the soundboard more than the Dominix did. Also, I put it on a proper chassis. And, I gave it a gold AV switch. Anyway, here's the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BhvdvR2cSY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BhvdvR2cSY</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »

Great upgrade to your Savior there, SFD.  I really like it in SY and the sound fonts really do fit the design and style of the saber. Kudos and point incoming.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 05:24:16 PM »

F-n-a bubba!! Great “repurposing” of that board!! I totally agree with the moving of boards to the coolest hilts in the arsenal. You love of yellow has inspired me to yellow up, as it were, several sabers in the set. I’m really feeling the yellows and pinks right now. Point.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:43:56 PM »

Definitely an excellent upgrade there

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 11:20:42 PM »

I didn't like the Savior as much from pictures but in videos it looks great. Nice job man, excellent upgrade!

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:09:26 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley

@imgumby001dammit: Which sabers get boards also depends on the board. I have some lower end Ultrasabers with older and lower end installs that I did, and I'm perfectly content leaving them where they are. This is a newer board and has enough features for me to like it in a higher end hilt.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »

That's a nice chassis/soundboard set my man.  GGR LED huh?  Interesting and hope that's a continued trend by US.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 11:15:17 PM »

That's a nice chassis/soundboard set my man.  GGR LED huh?  Interesting and hope that's a continued trend by US.

Thanks bro. Smiley

Yeah, it's a really cool LED, nice and bright. $10 extra for the forum color and I get a Tri setup, so no complaints. Cheesy It's tinted a bit green when the battery is fresh, but it settles into a nice yellow once some of the juice is ran out of the battery. After all, a single 18650 or 14500 battery runs at 3.7v, but it runs at 4.1v when fully charged.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: