Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Mega Multi Project Update!!  (Read 2339 times)
imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« on: January 20, 2019, 12:38:11 AM »

Been working hard here Saber Fiends!! Sorry for the long bid, but I had a lot to show. Tried to keep it to the point.

Without further adieu...

https://youtu.be/FU9xzynNffY

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:56:37 AM »

That's long?  Wink

I've got a movie I'm watching on TV that's starting in four minutes, but I'll mark this as unread so that I can come back to it later.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:28 AM »

Hi Gumby,

Just flicked over to YouTube to watch your video (I can't view videos posted here Sad )
But I really like the builds you've done and I left a like and comment. I'm seriously thinking of moving to your neighbourhood and setting up business as a building contractor, your home takes such a serious beating it's gonna need some repairs soon!

Thanks for the share, point incoming.

EDIT: Sorry SFD, I may have just bumped your post.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:18:57 AM »

Great saber builds you have there, Gumby. I’m really digging the Alpha and Omega sabers. PM me what you did to overcome some of the obstacles we discussed when you have time please.  The Bastion, well, what can I say? I dig this Frankenstein-Saber and I’m also on the fence with the dual aluminum finishes as well but like the gold pommel with the silver and black hilt.  Point incoming my friend

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 06:30:35 PM »

Thanks so much guys!!

Hi Gumby,

Just flicked over to YouTube to watch your video (I can't view videos posted here Sad )
But I really like the builds you've done and I left a like and comment. I'm seriously thinking of moving to your neighbourhood and setting up business as a building contractor, your home takes such a serious beating it's gonna need some repairs soon!

Thanks for the share, point incoming.

Ya, Tyeth, the old casa does get its ass kicked on a regular basis. Unfortunately, IM a union trained contractor, so my wife make ME do all the repairs around here!!

Infinit; I’ll pm you in a min...

EDIT: Sorry SFD, I may have just bumped your post.

AS

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 02:43:55 AM »

Hi Gumby,

Quote:"Ya, Tyeth, the old casa does get its ass kicked on a regular basis. Unfortunately, IM a union trained contractor, so my wife make ME do all the repairs around here!!" Quote

Wow, that's a coincidence. I honestly had no idea you were in the trade.

point incoming

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 02:54:21 AM »

post…pictures…man…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 03:57:22 AM »

AS

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 04:04:27 AM »

Ya, sorry bubba. I should have assumed everyone would want pics. Project Alpha and Omega have the same 4w RGBW, but because of the emitters neck restriction the v3.1 seems much dimmer. They both have the same 18650 battery as well. It’s obvious I’m becoming a big fan of illuminated switches. In the future it will be imperative to find new and exciting designs.

Tyeth,

It’s true! I was a Journeyman in the 159 local back in Vegas, but I grew up framing and doing cabinets and countertops, not to mention a short stint doing custom hardwood floors. My pop is a master, and my brothers are journeymen as well. I just got tired of working for a living and went to college in my 30’s! I can’t handle being on the wall all day anymore.

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 04:23:52 AM »

Great pictures there, Gumby. This project was great to follow along

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 05:44:14 AM »

Those are all fantastic. If you wet sand the emitter from "the other guys" on that long saber, you can probably polish it right up to the same level as the Ultrasabers parts.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 11:53:47 AM »

Tyeth,

It’s true! I was a Journeyman in the 159 local back in Vegas, but I grew up framing and doing cabinets and countertops, not to mention a short stint doing custom hardwood floors. My pop is a master, and my brothers are journeymen as well.

Hi Gumby, it seems we have more in common than I thought, my grandfather was a Master Craftsman Artist in the UK. He was a fully trained wood/metal worker and did stuff like sign painting and artistry. He worked at fairgrounds building, repairing and painting the rides and later went on to own his own wooden toy factory. I think it is through my Grandpa that I inherited my eye for detail. My Dad was a fully trained Class 1 mechanic/engineer and could fix anything. Me, I'm trained in lighting engineering and theatrical stagecraft so do a bit of everything.

However back to your skill set it looks as if they serve you well. Looking forward to seeing further Gumby Projects!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 12:22:52 PM »

Now tthat's hat iI'm alking about G-smooth! Great looking batch of sabers! POINTAGE!!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »

Excellent stuff there, Gumby.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 05:26:19 AM »

Sorry guys, I’ve been away on business all week. Thanks for all the great comments!!

Sci-fi: it’s funny, I was thinking about just straight polishing it with a wheel. It would still be a different sheen/tone, but I felt it might look better. Your idea is probably what I “should” do though.

AS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: