Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My first ultrasaber!!!  (Read 1979 times)
StarWarsFan626
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« on: January 20, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »

Hey guys. So a couple of days ago, i ordered my first lightsaber. I am so exited! I ordered the Aeon V2 TRI Cree with color discs (and retention screwer!) I am so exited and happy that i am finally able to have a lightsaber that I can call my own. Any tips for cus
Customization, reply to this post. (Also a stunt saber) : Cheesy

My sabers: Aeon V2 TRI AS

My wishlist: Phantasm Initiate V3 in CG, Renegade LE Diamond, Dorinian in GB, Apprentice LE V5 in BVA, Dark Initiate LE V5 in BR, Prophecy in AB, Brood Guard LE in BR or SR, Empress in SY or FR, Bellicose in CG or VA, Butcher in VA or BR, Fulcrum & Lost Grey in CG, Chosen One CE in BR, Dominicide (Cant decide what color lol), The Fallen in FO or GB, Dark Monarch Diamond,

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »

Congrats! Hopefully, you will post pictures and a review when you receive your Aeon V2.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 01:02:38 AM »

Nice man! Welcome to the fam! How are the color discs? Non of my sabers have those

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »

Congrats SWF!  You'll like the Aeon V2 in the tri-cree LED is always great

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 08:15:39 PM »

The color discs work well. You can actually achieve most main colors in the Jedi spectrum...the Sith colors lack because you can’t get a red. There are some other options to get that, however, with a clear color film.  See other posts about color discs because I can’t think of the name of the booklet with the color film off the bat  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:01 AM »

V2, eh?  Excellent choice!  You'll love the sweet sweet handling.  Those things are light as a feather, super slim, and super fun.  As mentioned, you might think about picking up a Lee filter swatch book for maximum customizability with your white LED array.  If you enjoy the Aeon, I suggest giving a V2 Initiate a try as well; they are tiny and amazing.  Welcome to the addiction!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

mesorangerxx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »

hope you don't mind me tagging along on this thread.  Recently got my first ultrasaber through a mysterbox.  Got a Dark Initiate V4 with windows in guardian blue.  Pretty excited to get in on this hobby since I've been wanting a Lightsaber since forever.  Do any of you guys know what "JD" meant? I saw it on the wrap of my lightsaber and I was wondering if it was a feature or just someone's initial

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 12:01:26 AM »

Hello SWF626 and welcome.
The Aeon V2 is a great start to your almost assured much larger coolection
I have the dark version the Dominix V2 LE and here is what I did with it. Also with the Silver blade you can use a LEE filter swatchbook and mimic almost any color you want.

Dominix V2 LE- Dremeled Blaster Damage, Leather Switch wrap, and full hilt weathering done with a dremel and grind wheel

And this is my Silver Renegade with LEE and Roscolux swatchbook filters

Here is the link to buy the swatchbook. Get both as I believe when you click on the designer edition there is a code to get it for a penny.
https://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm

Hope this helps and enjoy your new saber,
DBTD

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 05:46:05 AM »

I also just recieved my first saber and was curious if you can tighten the retention screw too much? Tightened it all up and after taking the blade back off i realized there was a small circular indent on the blade. Did i tighten it too much or is this normal? It still semmed a little loose tho still also.... Pls help, dont want to ruin anything.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 07:50:57 AM »

Here is the link to buy the swatchbook. Get both as I believe when you click on the designer edition there is a code to get it for a penny.

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS LINK! I couldn't find how to buy swatch books from the main website when I googled it XD Point for you, DarthBoneTD!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 05:06:15 AM »

Hello SWF626 and welcome.
The Aeon V2 is a great start to your almost assured much larger coolection
I have the dark version the Dominix V2 LE and here is what I did with it. Also with the Silver blade you can use a LEE filter swatchbook and mimic almost any color you want.

Dominix V2 LE- Dremeled Blaster Damage, Leather Switch wrap, and full hilt weathering done with a dremel and grind wheel

And this is my Silver Renegade with LEE and Roscolux swatchbook filters

Hope this helps and enjoy your new saber,
DBTD

I'm digging all of your blade colors, DBTD.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »

I also just recieved my first saber and was curious if you can tighten the retention screw too much? Tightened it all up and after taking the blade back off i realized there was a small circular indent on the blade. Did i tighten it too much or is this normal? It still semmed a little loose tho still also.... Pls help, dont want to ruin anything.

it's perfectly normal. a general rule of thumb is that you should be able to slide your finger across the screw and it not be protruding enough to catch on your finger. the indents are normal. some fo my older blades have dozens of them and their performance has not decreased in the least.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 10:59:09 PM »

Thank you Golden Fedora, it's much appreciated info.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 03:51:22 AM »

Hey SWF, glad to have you here. Can't wait to see the pictures. More sabers in your future I see.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:25 AM »

As some of you know i have recently received my first saber and am very happy! But... i want to start spinning and gaining skill with the saber, without damaging my new one seeing as it has sound and certain features i don't want to destroy. Any advice on a good hilt for spinning, tricks, etc... while having enough durability to withstand drops and possible combat? I love that my current saber has a good choke point, so im interested in that for my stunt saber, but other than that feature and an AV switch im up for anything. Comments and/or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: