Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My New Archon V3.1 : From Rhylis Ardhrn  (Read 5367 times)
RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »

My Tunic robes!

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 08:34:37 AM »

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »

That's all I have for now! It still has to be finished, but i'm pretty happy with it so far Tongue

MyUltraSabers:

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »

Quite crude I know. Lol I still have lots to do, but the shape and colour scheme are there, and it doesnt fall off at the shoulders so thats a plus :p

MyUltraSabers:

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 12:53:48 PM »

Outfit's starting out looking good. Looking forward to seeing what else you'll change or add on.

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »

Thank you Infiniti!

MyUltraSabers:

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »

Thank you Infiniti!

You're welcome   Cheesy

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »

Thanks for the video, I love the Archon V3.1! A great looking saber for sure.

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it, I would love to put up some more soon.
And I couldn't agree more. I'm very happy with my first saber.

MyUltraSabers:

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 06:09:40 AM »

That's a great review and you got skillz on the spins too!

point 4 u

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »

Thanks a ton DarthDavester!

MyUltraSabers:

STR4N6ER
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 05:03:02 PM »

Cool review and some really good moves there, Rhylis - nicely done! Just like you, I am also a proud owner of the Archon v3.1 and I totally agree it's better without a classic rectangular switch. It definitely has its weight but it is nicely balanced at the same time and feels very comfortable to swing:)

I use it mostly for solo practice, shows and form demonstration which I think it is the best fit for, considering its iconic looks:) I haven't used it so far in a full contact duelling, but it should do the job just fine - I just tend to be a little overprotective about the hilt:) It surely is durable and feels reliable, still for a full contact I would probably keep an eye on its thin detachable neck which might get sometimes a little untight or unscrew with a violent swinging. The blade holder might also need some attention as it is quite shallow and the blade could tilt during the fight. Have you experienced any of those with yours?

Saber Collection: Sentinel LE v4 (FO - stunt), 2x Dark Menace /w Emerald, Archon v3.1 /w Obsidian sound (CG), Initiate v4 LE w/ Obsidian Sound (VA)

Wish list: Guardian, Manticore, Dark Shock, The Graflex, and more...Smiley

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 11:31:54 PM »

Hey STR4N6ER, and thank you! I wish I was more sure of what to say being on the spot in the video, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you again.

I feel the exact same way about my archon. I honestly would rather just have it for personal use/display/events/photos, but I'm waiting on a response as to how much it will cost to order a new retention screw(s) for my Archon V3.1, because unfortunately after taking the blade on and off only a few times, the hex shaping in the screw has been stripped!

Luckily I managed to get it in there very tightly before it stripped. So I dont think it's coming out. I've tugged and shook and bent and there is no give to the retention screw's tightness(THANK GOODNESS).

I do habitually pull on the blade from the emitter after and during use with just a bit of force and try lightly to turn the blade in the emitter to see if the bite mark in the blade from the screw has grown in size from violent swings. Alas still no give from the screw. It's just a bummer because I have no choice but to keep the blade in there. A US rep had told me I could use superglue to remove the screw, then use acetone to remove the hex key from the screw. But I'd like to be able to put it back in. Will acetone stain/hurt the metals colour in any way? I'm still waiting to hear about new screws.

The one thing that bugs me about the saber is the wobble in the blade. I just ordered an Initiate V4 last night, dont feel any reason to be nervous about that blade that ive heard or seen  from anyone.

I dont feel the wobble while I'm swinging it, but when I bluntly stop and reverse a spin I can really feel it, and it makes me nervous because the blade only sits about 1" give or take in the emitter. So I'm afraid where the blade rests around the the light source and poly is thinner, it will likely eventually crack and snap the blade off. I'm hoping not. Regardless that is my FEAR. I love this Saber abd cannot wait to try full contact duelling with it. I will use caution as I have been though. Over all I love this saber! It's why I bought it! I appreciate the confirming advice STR4N6ER!

MyUltraSabers:

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 12:35:33 AM »

Might I add, that the US rep was very helpful through many e-mails, and I'm very thankful. Its just unfortunate that I'm still waiting for a response on the screws.

MyUltraSabers:

STR4N6ER
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 02:22:08 AM »

Hey STR4N6ER, and thank you! I wish I was more sure of what to say being on the spot in the video, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you again.
I appreciate the confirming advice STR4N6ER!

Sounds like a tough call with that screw - maybe some kind of very thin pliers or forceps would do the trick (although it's hard to find tools THAT narrow):/ One way or another, I hope the issue will be solved soon.

This wobble you mentioned, I think I had the same impression when I first tested my Archon - I could hardly feel it but it was noticeable. At first, I simply tried for a few times to adjust the blade better and for most of the time it worked, only really rapid opposite swings made it wobble a bit. To eliminate it for good I decided to put a thin layer of transparent office tape at the bottom of the blade, just to make it sit a little tighter in the emitter. And it seems to work like a dream for me - no wobble so far:) It also looks like it prevents the screw from deeply puncturing the polycarbonate - but that might be just my impression.

Anyway, the blade sits just fine, which is great considering a little shorter space in the emitter/blade holder for that kind of a saber:)

Saber Collection: Sentinel LE v4 (FO - stunt), 2x Dark Menace /w Emerald, Archon v3.1 /w Obsidian sound (CG), Initiate v4 LE w/ Obsidian Sound (VA)

Wish list: Guardian, Manticore, Dark Shock, The Graflex, and more...Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: