Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian amp rating for string blade and when to use mosfet  (Read 543 times)
Chad mikolyski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -22

« on: January 21, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »

Hello all,

I have been working on some ultrasaber projects that involve doing some uncommon things with the obsidian board like string blades and high current draw led applications.

I just built a new saber with a blade consisting of 100 5mm leds strung in parallel. The leds are rgb common annode so I wired the blue and green as main blade color and the red as flash on clash. With a photon blade on it looks pretty cool. However It’s not hard to guess that the amp consumption is pretty high, which led me to use a high drain 3200 mah amp hour 18650 battery.

However finally getting to the point, can the obsidian sound board handle that much current flow through it or will prolonged use damage the board? I could use mosfets but if I can run it as is that would be great

100 x 20mah per color is 4000mah for blue and green plus 2000mah for red foc more making 6 amp total current consumed when flash on clash is activated.

Thanks in advance.

-Chad

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:23:05 PM »

Do you have the Obsidian launcher installed? If you do, you can open it, hit the "Resources" button and pull up the data sheets on any of the Ultrasabers boards. That should have the current information, etc. on it.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 01:19:17 AM »

^ what he said

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »

^^^^What he said based on what he said  vvvvvvvv

Do you have the Obsidian launcher installed? If you do, you can open it, hit the "Resources" button and pull up the data sheets on any of the Ultrasabers boards. That should have the current information, etc. on it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: