Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Lightsaber owner, need opinions to some concerns  (Read 909 times)
Genesis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please!

« on: January 22, 2019, 06:30:42 AM »

So i am a new lightsaber owner (Aeon LE V4). A friend of mine and I, just placed an order tonight for our sabers and are excited to get them.

I chose for my configuration:
[Choose Your Configuration: Stunt]
[Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Guardian Blue]
[Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Recharge Port: No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length: 32" Length]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Windows: Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks]
[Install Covertec Wheel: No Thanks]

and as for my friends...he did the same only with the Initiate LE V3 with a Tri Consular Green color.

I was wondering if we did the battery configuration okay. As for our budget we couldnt afford going higher for the bigger battery packs.
I was scrolling amazon and also reading some of the forum threads here about batteries.
I may go for a Recharge station and Triple A NiMH Energizer Batteries.
Please tell me if we did this right.

Currently Owned Lightsabers:
- Aeon LE V4 - Stunt - Tri GB
- Dark Initiate V5 - Stunt - BR
- Scorpion - Stunt - Tri AS wo/claw*
- Dark Savior - Stunt - Tri GB w/MLS Tri BR, Tri CG and Tri AB*
- Grand Master x2 - Stunt Double Saberstaff - Tri GB*

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »

No problems. Smiley

I will add that the AAA battery sleds tend to be a bit "loose".  In other words, the batteries pop out while dueling, unless you wrap some tape or something tightly around them.

My suggestion, if you guys can swing it at all, is to go for a lithium set-up.  Much tighter and already rechargeable. Smiley

Otherwise; looks good Genesis.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »

Hi Genesis, welcome and congrats on your new saber. Is it your 1st? If so, great job ordering. 32" UEHG, blade plug, blade wrench, and AV switch are all good choices for a 1st order if so.

The standard AAA setup is fine for stunt sabers, they last for decent amount of time. Since you have tri-cree it will draw heavier on the batteries and shorten there life noticeably quicker than single LEDs. Keep in mind as the batteries weaken so will the color of your saber. As for the rechargables I found there life span begins to shortens rather quicky after they are recharged over and over.

I like the li-ion because it keeps the color consistent and is a little tighter in the hilt. Don't know your level of small electronic experience, but you can change over to a li-ion setup fairly easily. I personally would have gone with the Li-ion w/resistor for a stunt, because by the time you buy decent batteries and a charging station you could have got the resistor setup with a charger for $30.

Hope this helps.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:42:46 PM »

Hey there Genesis. The Aeon LE V4 in any Tri-Cree configuration is a great start for a saber.  If you plan to duel, I would recommend using the lithium ion set up since the AAA batteries love to pop out of the battery case which are really flexible and brittle making the batteries pop out rather easy. 

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 03:45:28 PM »

So i am a new lightsaber owner (Aeon LE V4). A friend of mine and I, just placed an order tonight for our sabers and are excited to get them.

I chose for my configuration:
[Choose Your Configuration: Stunt]
[Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Guardian Blue]
[Battery Configuration: Standard Setup]
[Recharge Port: No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length: 32" Length]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Windows: Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks]
[Install Covertec Wheel: No Thanks]

and as for my friends...he did the same only with the Initiate LE V3 with a Tri Consular Green color.

I was wondering if we did the battery configuration okay. As for our budget we couldnt afford going higher for the bigger battery packs.
I was scrolling amazon and also reading some of the forum threads here about batteries.
I may go for a Recharge station and Triple A NiMH Energizer Batteries.
Please tell me if we did this right.

The AAA NiMH rechargables should work just fine.   AS others have said, the battery case can be loose.  I would recommend getting a length of velcro strip to wrap the case.  You can wind it around the case to hold the batteries tight and provide some shock absorbing action.  It also helps a great deal to cut some foam packing material and making a small plug to fit the battery case into that fits snugly into the bore of the hilt.  This will keep your case from rattling around and help a lot with the batteries falling out from impact.  It takes a little work to carve the plug out, but it is well worth it for a go-to dueler.

On that front: I also HIGHLY recommend hockey gloves and helmets with face shields when dueling.  HG blades can and will break skin and fingers.  I know this from experience!  Be safe!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

Excellent advice Karmack. Smiley

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »

Thanks Rapine.   I had to endure several rounds of sparring at a testing for our school a few months ago because my daughter and I picked up our sabers to goof around a bit before we left for the test.  Didn't really think about it until WHACK, strike to the hand.

Hurt like crazy but it didn't SEEM broken, so off we went.  Only instead of fading the pain got worse and worse.   Went to the ER after testing and found out I'd broken one of the long, narrow bones on the palm of my hand.  :-/   Fortunately it wasn't open or anything, so no surgery needed, just ended up with a very annoying brace for 4 weeks and a soft brace for 4 more.  And some really good pain killers....

Ahem

Anyway, USE THE GLOVES AND PROTECT YOUR EYES GUYS!   Or spend weeks looking at your saber instead of using it!  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Genesis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »

Thanks everyone. I modified my order and got a Li-Ion setup with Buck Puck. As that was the one I desired mostly.

Currently Owned Lightsabers:
- Aeon LE V4 - Stunt - Tri GB
- Dark Initiate V5 - Stunt - BR
- Scorpion - Stunt - Tri AS wo/claw*
- Dark Savior - Stunt - Tri GB w/MLS Tri BR, Tri CG and Tri AB*
- Grand Master x2 - Stunt Double Saberstaff - Tri GB*

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 06:12:54 PM »

Excellent choice Genesis. Smiley

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 11:42:14 PM »

Thanks everyone. I modified my order and got a Li-Ion setup with Buck Puck. As that was the one I desired mostly.

Just makes sense when you look at in the long run. Great saber and setup, you will enjoy it.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: