Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help with Kylo Ren cosplay  (Read 1563 times)
broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« on: January 23, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »

Ok so me and some buddies are going to PAX east this year dressed as villains from Star Wars. I am going as Kylo Ren. So far I have the Kylo Ren black series helmet and I’m just looking for the robes. I just need to make sure whatever robes I get will have a good that will fit over the helmet. If anyone has any suggestions where to get this let me know! I am also up for hiring a skilled craftsman to make the robes if the price is right! Help me become a warrior with daddy issues!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 12:53:09 AM »

I bought a pattern on Etsy fairly recently with Kylo style robes. If you’re planning on hiring someone to make them for you, I can link you were I bought it from. Custom fit is much easier to guarantee what you want in terms of sizing than pre-made

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 12:56:20 AM »

It’s tricky getting the fabric right these days unless you do it yourself.  LR has the right idea though, I suggest that.

broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:12:00 AM »

I bought a pattern on Etsy fairly recently with Kylo style robes. If you’re planning on hiring someone to make them for you, I can link you were I bought it from. Custom fit is much easier to guarantee what you want in terms of sizing than pre-made

That would be great! How do you like the robes?

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 02:54:00 AM »

That would be great! How do you like the robes?

I've not had a chance to make the pattern yet, sadly, but there's pictures of completed on the pattern model to get a better sense f the cut when pieced together. $4.95 plus shipping, so it's not a huge investment.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/386775392/sewing-pattern-mens-coat-surcoathoodbelt?ref=reviews

broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 03:12:03 AM »

I've not had a chance to make the pattern yet, sadly, but there's pictures of completed on the pattern model to get a better sense f the cut when pieced together. $4.95 plus shipping, so it's not a huge investment.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/386775392/sewing-pattern-mens-coat-surcoathoodbelt?ref=reviews

It looks good to me! Only I’m terrible at sewing stuff is there a way to buy it completed?

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »

Ok so me and some buddies are going to PAX east this year dressed as villains from Star Wars. I am going as Kylo Ren. So far I have the Kylo Ren black series helmet and I’m just looking for the robes. I just need to make sure whatever robes I get will have a good that will fit over the helmet. If anyone has any suggestions where to get this let me know! I am also up for hiring a skilled craftsman to make the robes if the price is right! Help me become a warrior with daddy issues!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171NQUT8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You must have one.

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 02:10:13 AM »

It looks good to me! Only I’m terrible at sewing stuff is there a way to buy it completed?

Sorry I didn’t see this before. You can look for seamstresses or tailors in your area who might be willing to see it if you provide the materials. Any purchased finished product, however, is going to have a higher cost

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: