Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: cheaper flash on clash upgrade or color change switch options  (Read 919 times)
Chad mikolyski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -22

« on: January 24, 2019, 09:26:22 AM »

Hello all,

I just was wondering if anyone had played with customizing the additional led options you have once you get a saber. Some things I have done that I really liked included these:

1: adding flash on clash to a saber for really cheap by wiring an additional lead with less resistance from the led back to the boards flash in clash pin so that when foc is activated it triggers an overdrive of the Maine led which can create flash on clash without a multi die/multi color led.

2: Adding a color changing switch option to a saber with flash on clash by wiring an additional switch/switches that go to the other color dice on the rgb led running them all parallel to the main led pin on the board. Then as you flip the switches you can mix colors. This option takes some wiring savvy but allows you to have a multi colored saber much cheaper than getting an emerald or diamond driver and it can be added after the fact so long as your saber has an rgb led. (I believe all foc sabers come with one)

Work in progress
https://instagram.com/p/Bhm3vgMlB0w/

Fully installed in bellicose
https://instagram.com/p/Bht1VKDlD9k/

Fully installed option on prophecy saber
https://instagram.com/p/Bj42FEhlUlK/

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing something like this! I would be happy to assist

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:01:48 AM »

Adding flash on clash to a saber without it is really simple. If you buy one with Premium sound and a buck puck, you don't even need to worry about the resistor thing, as the puck will supply the power you need to each LED. As you say, all you have to do is upgrade to a multi die LED, then wire up all your positives and negatives, splice the pos and neg for the mains to the wires, then run the neg for the flash back to the board and solder it to the only post without a wire on it on the Obsidian board. Easy peasy, with minimal soldering skill required. Smiley

Though, even if you have basic sound, I'm sure it's not any harder. You just need to know what resistor(s) to use. Wired in parallel, you don't have to worry much about power drop along the LEDs, until your batteries start going dead.

BREPP
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:04:56 AM »

Adding flash on clash to a saber without it is really simple. If you buy one with Premium sound and a buck puck, you don't even need to worry about the resistor thing, as the puck will supply the power you need to each LED. As you say, all you have to do is upgrade to a multi die LED, then wire up all your positives and negatives, splice the pos and neg for the mains to the wires, then run the neg for the flash back to the board and solder it to the only post without a wire on it on the Obsidian board. Easy peasy, with minimal soldering skill required. Smiley

Though, even if you have basic sound, I'm sure it's not any harder. You just need to know what resistor(s) to use. Wired in parallel, you don't have to worry much about power drop along the LEDs, until your batteries start going dead.

just got a mystery box with premium sound. how do I know if i have a buck puck? lol i dont even know what that is.

really happy with the saber, just think flash on clash would make it perfect. I just have no idea what im doing lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: