Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: SW: Clone Wars—Thoughts?  (Read 13558 times)
broba_fett
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »

The 2D clone wars cartoon was THE best!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2019, 04:48:04 PM »

The 2D clone wars cartoon was THE best!

PREACH! PREACH!

One thing...maybe a picky thing. The lightsabers. Within TCW universe they seem to be consistent, but not all are exactly like the movies. Mace Windu’s saber is the most obviously different. Unless there’s something in the books, games, or comics, which states his saber changed, or was a work in progress. This change is good for the saber makers. It really does look more like the US hilt, except for the emitter. It is a much longer hilt than the movies, but looks quite different proportionately.

On that score, the picky score...back when I was working on the comics, the prequel trilogy wasn’t finished, episode 1 hadn’t even hit the theaters when I worked on the first series. So granted, the creators were not altogether familiar with the sabers. And even when reference was given, some artists would make mistakes, giving the character the wrong saber, or getting the details wrong. In which case, the editor would be faxing me the correct photos and I would redraw the saber to make sure it was correct.

This type of attention to detail and continuity was something which deepened my appreciation of Star Wars. But if they’re just going to allow folks to take those liberties, it kinda says things have gotten too big and they’ve lost control. Unfortunately, it is an inherent flaw in big corporate entities to feel such things are not cost effective. If there’s another explanation here, please let me know.

Looks accurate to me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »

One thing...maybe a picky thing. The lightsabers. Within TCW universe they seem to be consistent, but not all are exactly like the movies. Mace Windu’s saber is the most obviously different. Unless there’s something in the books, games, or comics, which states his saber changed, or was a work in progress. This change is good for the saber makers. It really does look more like the US hilt, except for the emitter. It is a much longer hilt than the movies, but looks quite different proportionately.

On that score, the picky score...back when I was working on the comics, the prequel trilogy wasn’t finished, episode 1 hadn’t even hit the theaters when I worked on the first series. So granted, the creators were not altogether familiar with the sabers. And even when reference was given, some artists would make mistakes, giving the character the wrong saber, or getting the details wrong. In which case, the editor would be faxing me the correct photos and I would redraw the saber to make sure it was correct.

This type of attention to detail and continuity was something which deepened my appreciation of Star Wars. But if they’re just going to allow folks to take those liberties, it kinda says things have gotten too big and they’ve lost control. Unfortunately, it is an inherent flaw in big corporate entities to feel such things are not cost effective. If there’s another explanation here, please let me know.

Interesting. That was one of the things that I loved about TCW. The sabers where accurate. Maybe I missed something though (highly possible).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08:24 PM »

To me, it looked like the movie saber was a short, almost one handed. Fat grip section and very skinny tapered pommel. TCW version retains all the elements but is much thinner and longer in the grip section, widening from the halfway point up to the emitter.

I’ve seen replicas proportioned like that and now I at least know what inspired them Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »

To me, it looked like the movie saber was a short, almost one handed. Fat grip section and very skinny tapered pommel. TCW version retains all the elements but is much thinner and longer in the grip section, widening from the halfway point up to the emitter.

I’ve seen replicas proportioned like that and now I at least know what inspired them Smiley

It very well may be an animation choice to ease the animators jobs.  Happens a lot. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »

Probably. It certainly looks easier to wield. The grips on the movie version stick out so far they look like they were designed more for style than functionality.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »

A few episodes into season 2 at present. Kind of liking the Cad Bane character. He’s tricky and at least skilled enough to present a challenge—in spite of the floppy hat Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »

A few episodes into season 2 at present. Kind of liking the Cad Bane character. He’s tricky and at least skilled enough to present a challenge—in spite of the floppy hat Smiley

Ooh, you're just getting started with Mister Bane. One of the stand out characters from the show for sure. And one of my favorite bounty hunters. Grin

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:49 PM »

Ooh, you're just getting started with Mister Bane. One of the stand out characters from the show for sure. And one of my favorite bounty hunters. Grin

Kidnapping the young kings for experimentation seemed to be a more devious, mature plot than much of the first season as well. I was pretty pretty surprised and pleased with that episode. I think the fights are looking a bit more interesting so far as well. Anti-gravity battle was fairly original.

Saber Arsenal:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »

Bane was one of the few delights I took in watching.

Also, there is a reddit post that some delightful nerd worked out, that lists ALL the episode + movie in chronological order. I found it to be much more enjoyable.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2019, 03:32:48 PM »

Also, there is a reddit post that some delightful nerd worked out, that lists ALL the episode + movie in chronological order. I found it to be much more enjoyable.
And this is where you post a link

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »

And this is where you post a link
fine

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/31ij0p/the_clone_wars_in_chronological_order_w_links_to/

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

Thank you   Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »

Bookmarked the link for future reference...thanks, DL.

My previous post about Mace Windu’s saber being a bit different from the movie definitely seems to be the animators choice. In the 4th episode of season 2, there’s a shot of Mace holding his saber and it’s spot on accurate with the grips sticking out far like the movie. And the next scene where he is sitting in his chair in the Jedi council chamber, the grips look relatively flat on the hilt. And I can see those tall grips really being a pain to get right from every angle.

Saber Arsenal:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

I know Starwars.com released an official chronological order for all episodes as well.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: