Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: SW: Clone Wars—Thoughts?  (Read 13362 times)
Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2019, 02:57:46 PM »

I can see his points...but I don't agree with them.  For one his only complaint about the Release Order is Hayden's appearance in ROTJ. 
Well, I'm not sure why Hayden had to appear in ROTJ, but I can ignore it enough to not be bothered Wink

This heavily implies people will ONLY show the Re mastered versions to someone....I don't.
Alas I have to Sad  The 'oldest' stuff in my closet is the 1997 VHS Special Edition, but as my VHS player has abandoned me, I'm stuck with 'more enhanced' releases...

So, first 6 films are actually Anakin's story...his rise, fall and redemption. 
Consider me ignorant, but I'm more of a 'the movies are about Star Wars' guy Grin  They feature several (recurring) characters I have strong feelings about, but I never considered one of them to be main character everything is revolving around…

Afterthought: Maybe with the exception of R2-D2:
That little droid is in every 'main' movie, so he might be even more important to the story than Anakin Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »

Well, I'm not sure why Hayden had to appear in ROTJ, but I can ignore it enough to not be bothered Wink
Because people are stupid, and they might think it was a different Anakin if his ghost didn't look the same as he did before he went into the armor. Roll Eyes

Alas I have to Sad  The 'oldest' stuff in my closet is the 1997 VHS Special Edition, but as my VHS player has abandoned me, I'm stuck with 'more enhanced' releases...
You poor thing. You should have got the '06 metal box DVD release. It came with both "remastered" and OTR versions.....like I did. Grin And I was never happier that I did until I saw latest abortion of the end of ROTJ when Vader screams. <suddenly loses appetite>

Consider me ignorant, but I'm more of a 'the movies are about Star Wars' guy Grin  They feature several (recurring) characters I have strong feelings about, but I never considered one of them to be main character everything is revolving around…

Afterthought: Maybe with the exception of R2-D2:
That little droid is in every 'main' movie, so he might be even more important to the story than Anakin Grin
Exactly. People are so self centered that they think the movies are about the humans. Points for a droid right. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »

You poor thing. You should have got the '06 metal box DVD release. It came with both "remastered" and OTR versions.....like I did. Grin And I was never happier that I did until I saw latest abortion of the end of ROTJ when Vader screams. <suddenly loses appetite>
And you are never getting your ‘06 metal box DVD release back! Muhahahahaha

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »

As Logos said, there was that release with the Unchanged OT....I too bought it when to was released.  We all have our own focus but when it comes down to it...Lucas word is (was) law when it comes to the 6 films.  To him the story is about Anakin.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 06:31:58 PM »

And you are never getting your ‘06 metal box DVD release back! Muhahahahaha
I know where you live. -_-

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »

I know where you live. -_-
Just try it

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »

Just try it
Your devil bird doesn't frighten me

Sig by For Tyeth

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »

It has always been about Anakin. If you watch ch. 1 with this in mind, you’ll see that discovering him was the turning point in the lives of the Jedi and the entire galaxy.

Point being, the current stories are really kind of an aftermath. The empire had all this power and control which Vader was largely responsible for. Other’s moved in to replace the head of the dragon. None of them are Vader, or the emperor for that matter. But I see it as cleaning up the mess Vader left, vying for power and the resistance trying to maintain control.

The problem is—and this may go some way to looking at the latest trilogy—is that no matter what the victory seemed like when Anakin redeemed himself, whatever the social impact on the galaxy this had, the culture will always divide and subdived because there no event which would have evolved things in a new direction. Nothing to pull up the roots of the empire.

So I could, on some level, see Luke having doubts about a life lived fighting for a cause he was adamant about and made no real difference in. It happens. Even to the most talented and devoted to their cause.

From a story standpoint,the next movie has to pull things back to Anakin a bit. There has to also be a large event that works as an epiphany, sending the social strata of what defines the sense of power, the need for conquest, control, in a direction that in a sense becomes a very large awakening. A shift in the force that actually evolves the bedrock of the universe. Otherwise, society will once again divide and subdivide.

Historically, it’s where we have been in our own galaxy for centuries. People don’t change—and realistically, neither will the beings in that galaxy far,far away without something huge which creates a shift, creates an opportunity which allows that change. Maybe theirs an “awakening” in store for them all...because often endings have a direct link to beginnings, and that’s how this latest trilogy began.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »

Season 2 thoughts...

I thought it started out okay. Things seemed to be progressing in terms of Anakin looking a bit more grim. So I figured they were bring things along slowly, taking steps with each season with characters developing.

About two-thirds through it and realized I haven’t seen a whole lot to add to this notion since the first 5 or 6 episodes. Really has plagued out in the middle of this season. Pushing through since most people said S3 steps things up. Otherwise, I would be getting fairly annoyed with things about now.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. The first two seasons are better when you watch it it chronological order.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. The first two seasons are better when you watch it it chronological order.

I’m beginning to understand that. The different storylines are fun, but can detract from the continuity that builds up in one by jumping into the other. That’s probably the only real complaint I have at this point. As a writer, I know it’s hard to build all of these stories equally when you’re producing on a production schedule. At the same time, when they get moving well in one direction and drop it for a storyline that lacks the same punch for 4 or 5 episodes, you’re really counting on the fans to be patient while it all gets pieced together. I really would’ve opted for each season to be self contained within a specific sequence or timeline. The anthology style might work best to have multiple people working on different storylines at the same time and speed up production, but it can be harder on the audience who may not understand this, or be a part of forums like this with folks who already watched it and have some insights.

Saber Arsenal:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: