Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: NON-SW RP: Witches/Warlocks.  (Read 404 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 731

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: January 28, 2019, 04:21:54 PM »

Witches/Warlocks:

Humans with magical powers and sorcery abilities. Typically congregate in covens to amplify their powers. Also many spells require more than one witch to cast. Warlocks are simply male witches, though the term is often used interchangeably, even if not accurate. Plural is usually “witches” regardless of the groups gender composition, just like we use “guys” IRL.

Covens:
A coven is a group of witches. It can be as big or as small as desired, however most are between ten and twenty individuals. They pretty much work like IRL Wicca covens, only with supernatural abilities. For the most part, members are local witches, kinda hard to be in a coven if you can never make meetings. Tongue There can be multiple covens in a given area, in fact most large cities will have a few. Witches are not territorial, so get along with or at least tolerate other witches, and coven feuds are rare among similarly aligned coven.

High Priestess/Priest:
Each coven has one, they're the leader of the coven. Though they aren't necessarily stronger than the other members, they would typically be older, wiser, and have a deep knowledge of magic and rituals. It's more of an advisory and clergy role than anything.

Powers and abilities.
Each witch has a “unique” power, derived from their family line. The most common powers are:
-Telekinesis.The ability to control and manipulate objects with ones’ mind.

-Chronokinesis: You can slow down, pause, speed up, even rewind or fast forward time(only by a few seconds, however). The “user” is unaffected. Think Adam Sandler in Click.
-Astral projection. You can “exit” your body for short periods. Similar to what Luke did in The Last Jedi.(you don’t die after though)
-Invisibility.
-Geokinesis: The ability control and manipulate earth or earth based materials.
-Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate fire.
-Hydrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate water.
-Electrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate electricity.
You get one power from this list. If you have something else you’d like, PM me so we can discuss it. ALL powers not listed above must be approved by me.

Spellcasting abilities.
Keep it fair, but spells can do a lot. Things like:
Seeing the future or past
Granting yourself or another individual temporary powers
Changing someone into an animal or object
Changing yourself into something
Hexes.
Locating others or signalling your location to them.

Just keep it reasonable and fair. Some powerful spells will require more than one witch, possibly even an entire coven.

Witches also have the ability to see and communicate with spirits who reveal themselves to you.

Book of Shadows/Grimoire:
This is a book containing a witches known spells, potions, and rituals. These are heirlooms, and therefore passed down from the family line, so more like your family's book, not just yours. Very sacred. Most won't share the book with anyone outside the coven, even then it's on a "need to see" basis. Withes never lend out their book to someone outside the family. You will not know every spell in here off hand, so you actually have to physically look through the book for anything your character doesn't know.

You get five spells your character knows by heart. Anything else needs to be looked up or taught by another witch.

Weaknesses:
This is quite simple: You’re human. You’re squishy. You have the exact same weaknesses as in RL. Witches are actually easy to kill, especially for other supernatural, which is why they have developed so many spells.

*Edit: I completely left two sections out, oops.  Embarrassed Just going to add it to the first post here. (Yes that's the first thing I did as moderator, clean up after myself Tongue)*

Familiar
Every witch has one, a familiar is a spirit who takes the form of an animal. They're a pet who helps guide the witch, and also will act as a servant of sorts. Witches tend to be very close to their familiar, as most humans would be to a pet. Others can see and interact with a familiar, however it would be no different that interactions with a normal pet. Only the familiar's witch can communicate with them, and they can only communicate with their witch. The familiar can "speak" to their witch telepathically, and the witch can do the same.(This is the only context in which you would have telepathic abilities, unless you normally would have them as your power.) Familiar are VERY loyal and will do whatever the witch asks, however they would be incapable of performing tasks outside the abilities of their animal form. A house cat or frog won't be able to fight off enemies for you, for instance.

In theory, this could be anything, but in practice, it's usually an animal that is small and docile enough to be kept as a pet. A normal house cat is the most common, usually black, but not always.

A list of common familiar:

-Cats
-Dogs(especially smaller ones)
-Pet birds
-Toads and frogs
-Hamsters/gerbils
-Rats and mice
-Turtles
-Rabbits
-Anything that you could actually live inside a house/apartment with.

Remember, these should appear to outside observers as ordinary pets. Keeping a tiger in your apartment is the exact opposite of ordinary. Basically, your character would be held to real world standards. Even a large dog might be too much for some apartments, as well as a breed with a bad reputation(pit bulls for instance) wouldn't be allowed. Familiar's life is in cycles, so after a certain number of years they "die" and then take a different animal form a few days later. This helps avoid detection(a yellow lab who's 35 years old might raise some suspicion...). Same would happen if a familiar is killed, they come back in a new form.

Dark/Light  
This works much like the Force in Star Wars. Magic has two sides, light and dark. These are not necessarily well defined, as it depends greatly on intent. MOST magic is not inherently good or evil, although their are some exceptions. Use your judgement. There are dark witches, and dark covens.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:43:31 AM by ThreadJack » Logged

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 558

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:40 AM »

This one's me!
btw is that Cryomancer thingy I Pm'd you about last month still available or should I change? I know the "ice beast" is a no but the other stuff is still cool right?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:06:28 PM »

This one's me!
btw is that Cryomancer thingy I Pm'd you about last month still available or should I change? I know the "ice beast" is a no but the other stuff is still cool right?

Yes, everything but the Ice Being is cool. Wink

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 558

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »

Cool!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »

I completely left two sections out, oops.  Embarrassed

Familiar
Every witch has one, a familiar is a spirit who takes the form of an animal. They're a pet who helps guide the witch, and also will act as a servant of sorts. Witches tend to be very close to their familiar, as most humans would be to a pet. Others can see and interact with a familiar, however it would be no different that interactions with a normal pet. Only the familiar's witch can communicate with them, and they can only communicate with their witch. The familiar can "speak" to their witch telepathically, and the witch can do the same.(This is the only context in which you would have telepathic abilities, unless you normally would have them as your power.) Familiar are VERY loyal and will do whatever the witch asks, however they would be incapable of performing tasks outside the abilities of their animal form. A house cat or frog won't be able to fight off enemies for you, for instance.

In theory, this could be anything, but in practice, it's usually an animal that is small and docile enough to be kept as a pet. A normal house cat is the most common, usually black, but not always.

A list of common familiar:

-Cats
-Dogs(especially smaller ones)
-Pet birds
-Toads and frogs
-Hamsters/gerbils
-Rats and mice
-Turtles
-Rabbits
-Anything that you could actually live inside a house/apartment with.

Remember, these should appear to outside observers as ordinary pets. Keeping a tiger in your apartment is the exact opposite of ordinary. Basically, you character would be held to real world standards. Even a large dog might be too much for some apartments, as well as a breed with a bad reputation(pit bulls for instance) wouldn't be allowed. Familiar's life is in cycles, so after a certain number of years they "die" and then take a different animal form a few days later. This helps avoid detection(a yellow lab who's 35 years old might raise some suspicion...). Same would happen if a familiar is killed, they come back in a new form.

Dark/Light 
This works much like the Force in Star Wars. Magic has two sides, light and dark. These are not necessarily well defined, as it depends greatly on intent. MOST magic is not inherently good or evil, although their are some exceptions. Use your judgement. There are dark witches, and dark covens. 

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: