Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Batteries not charging  (Read 1460 times)
Shellyfish
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 30, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »

Hi! I am new to ultrasabers and recently bought the Archon v3.1 with Li-Ion batteries and charger. After playing with it several times, I noticed the brightness seemed to be dulling, so I removed the batteries and put them in the charger. Over 24 hours later, the indicators on the charger are still red and when the batteries are inserted into the saber, the saber is completely dead. This seems odd, because they were working when I originally removed them for charging. Any ideas?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »

That is odd...

...which charger are you using, and are you sure you had them inserted correctly?  The "flat" end goes against the slider, and the "button" end goes against the main solid part.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »

Yes, check to see how you inserted the batteries and try again.

Shellyfish
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 04:40:58 AM »

I'm using the regular (slow?) charger that came with the batteries from ultra sabers. They are inserted correctly, I know that because I put them in the wrong way at first and quickly realized it. I did double check just in case.

When I put them in the saber it's still dead. I put in regular alkaline batteries to test it, and I am getting sound, but no light.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:02 AM »

Regular AAs won't have enough juice to power the board.

It could be that your lithium batteries are just fully dead.  This does happen.  If they're left in a hilt for a long enough time, and not charged, they can drain beyond recovery.

I'd try a new set of 14500s.  US certainly sells them, or TCSS.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Shellyfish
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 05:17:36 AM »

Thanks for your reply. It seems odd that they would be fully dead since they're weren't dead when I started charging them. The saber was delivered last Friday and I think it was Tuesday night that I removed the batteries. Will Ultra Sabers replace them since the saber is so new?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:25:25 AM »

Now that is strange.  I'd email them to make sure what's going on, and to get a path forward.

customerservice@ultrasabers.com

I can't speak for the actual US employees. Smiley

Shellyfish
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:27:02 AM »

Will do, thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: