Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 12022 times)
Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« on: February 07, 2019, 05:37:06 AM »

Hello to all! I am new to the forum and am excited to begin meeting new people and learn as much as possible. I have recently recieved my first saber and am eager to learn new moves or find a place near me to begin training. I have many questions and am looking to branch out into other areas besides youtube for answers. I wish there was a place near me to learn and mingle with others but i fear i am all alone, lol. So i figured id start here for any advice. I do want to mention that Ultrasabers has impressed me with their product and they have went above and beyond. I will be a repeat customer and am looking forward to receiving additional items from there shop very soon. Please help. May the force be with you!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:32:41 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Cheesy There's people from all around here, so you might be able to find someone near you if you ask around.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:13:28 AM »

Ok. Thank you for your reply! Can I ask what your favorite saber is and why? And also, is it bad to tighten the retention screw too much on your saber? Mine left a small indent on the blade, and I don't want to ruin anything...

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 07:24:27 AM »

You're welcome! Of the sabers I own, my favorite is probably my diamond controller Savior because it's comfy and easy to wield, simple yet elegant, is based off the design from my favorite game, amnd the diamond controller allows me a wide variety of color options. It's actually the Saber I'm holding in my avatar picture.

As for the retention screw question, small indentations from it on the blade is normal. The screw should be tight to ensure your blade does not come loose, especially if you're using your saber for combat or for spinning. If it's just a wall queen you needn't consider that so much. On that note, if you're doing any heavy combat with your saber, you will have to tighten the retention screw every so often.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 07:34:30 AM »

Ok, thanks again. I appreciate your time and knowledge on the subject. I will be lightly battling with my son until I find some people that are interested in dueling with me. My saber has sound also... should I invest in a stunt type saber for heavy dueling so as to not ruin the sound board, or do they hold up pretty well?

Your savior saber is very nice! I saw those recently (savior and butcher) and liked the savior better due to the sleek design. Seems like it would be nicer to hold and duel with.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 07:43:32 AM »

Ok, thanks again. I appreciate your time and knowledge on the subject. I will be lightly battling with my son until I find some people that are interested in dueling with me. My saber has sound also... should I invest in a stunt type saber for heavy dueling so as to not ruin the sound board, or do they hold up pretty well?

Your savior saber is very nice! I saw those recently (savior and butcher) and liked the savior better due to the sleek design. Seems like it would be nicer to hold and duel with.

My pleasure! If you're battling at all, you should make sure that screw is nice and tight. I've not personally had an issue with sound, but I also do primarily combat choreography as opposed to regular dueling. A stunt saber is nice to have if you're concerned about your more expensive saber possibly taking damage. I would never use my savior for a choreography that involved a toss and catch unless it had been very rehearsed already and the risks averted with practice. Personally that's an instance where I would choose to use a stunt saber. If you're doing any intense dueling you might feel the same.

Thanks! I have both and I can tell you the Savior is certainly the more user friendly of the pair. The Butcher is manageable for light dueling, but I wouldn't attempt it at all for spins.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:07:59 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, Darth Cruelty.  I look forward to seeing pictures of your saber when you get the chance, of course. I too, battle my son with our sabers and have to say that I always have a great time. Smiley

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »

Glad to have you, I am in the same boat. No one who isn't in my family to duel with. It hasn't stopped me from purchasing several sabers. I practice spinning and get in some fight time when I can. You will too. Anyway, enjoy your new addiction and post pictures when you can.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »

Welcome

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 11:07:02 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Lady Revan, Malik, Geddathehutt, Infinite and kazuto! I was very fortunate, for when I ordered my first saber, Ultrasabers REALLY hooked it up,  I feel. Their product is amazing, and it was worth way more than I payed. Got the mystery box, FYI. So I'm super stoked. I would love to post pics, but I'm not very tech savy... any opinions or suggestions on the easiest way to get my photos up here for you all to see?

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 12:45:34 AM »

Imgur is good.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 03:39:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum.
There's actually a topic in the Gallery section that will explain how to post images here

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 06:51:40 AM »

Thanks for the info on posting pictures. Im looking into imgur and should have some pics up in the next day or so, so keep an eye out. Also, im looking at buying a few more blades for my saber because the one i got with it is fairly large. But im curious, do all the blades fit in all the hilts, or do you have to buy a specific blade? I was in the shop and noticed some said grab bag blades, or ultraedge midgrade initiate blades... just dont want to purchase the wrong one seeing as they are a little pricey when buying multiple at a time. The saber i had recieved in my mystery box was a Dark Apprentice and im looking for either a 32'' blade or a 24'' blade and/or both, in the ultraedge midgrade style. Please help. P.S. Im sorry for all the noob questions guys, just trying to be thorough before purchase. Lol.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 06:58:15 AM »

All the blades they sell fit in all of the hilts. UltraEdge versus the regular is just the look (the clear with inner lining or white fogged [ultraedge is white fogged]). Most people use a 32 in. blade. Also, if you're clashing sabers at all, be sure to get heavygrade. Midgrade will break if you try to clash with it beyond anything really light.

And no problem! You're entitled to ask questions lol. You're trying to make the best informed decision possible.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: