Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First purchase review (Bellicose and Dark Sentinel LE v5)  (Read 1471 times)
Darth Terem
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 08, 2019, 09:08:50 AM »

I recently purchased my first saber, the dark sentinel le v5 for myself and the Bellicose for my friend. Right out of the box, both sabers worked perfectly. I'd been looking around for a while to find a decent saber that looked legit enough to display but also worked well enough to appease my inner 10-year-old and I think I found it! The weight of the hilt is really nice, doesn't feel plastic, although there's definitely some plastic on it which I'm not thrilled about but it's no deal breaker. I do wish the sound effects for the lite models was a little bit better, the "wooshes" are a little off sometimes and don't last the full swing, again this is a minor issue and not a deal breaker. Still spades better than any toy you'll find for around $100. I do wish they didn't use any plastic on the hilt at all, would definitely make the piece far more legit feeling but all in all I'm super happy with my purchase. Again I only got the basic single color Lite soundboard so I don't know if the sound issue is jus because I got the cheaper option but it's not like it ruins anything anyway. Overall id give my purchase a 4/5 stars, just gotta get rid of the plastic on the hilt. Otherwise, for the money, you really can't go wrong, it's basically the adult toy you always wanted but your parents would never buy you, but hey your an adult now and you can buy your own toys! I love mine and I can't wait to see my friends face when I give him his! Thanks UltraSabers!

Edit: both sabers have the flash on clash (blue to arctic blue and red to orange) and tbh it doesn't really add much for $35, but that maybe because I chose colors that are close to each other thinking it would look more realistic than flashing a totally different color.
Also both blades are the regular midgrade as opposed to the ultraedge. I can't compare since I've only seen the regular but the color is bright and it looks pretty good, I will probably purchase an ultraedge blade in the near future so I can compare the two, but I don't see anything wrong with the regular so....
Also I got the standard battery packs (takes 4 AAA) and both work fine, played with them for about an hour so far and no sign of the batteries that came in the hilt dying yet, even a little!
If your on the fence about buying from here or one of he other saber stores online, I'd say go with UltraSabers. I don't have any other saber products for comparison but, considering th cost, time to ship (less than 1 week for me), quality of product, customer support (Ana and Marlene answered all my emails within a few hours each time), you really can't go wrong here. From one nit-picky nerd to another, it's a solid purchase, you won't regret it! (But you may have instant regret that you didn't get *that one* instead) lol

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:46:10 AM »

Instant regret is not a problem. You just design the next one and thus.....the addiction grows. Can't  wait to see pics of the sabers.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Terem
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 02:00:02 PM »

2 weeks later, sabers still work great, no issues at all! I was afraid of broke it when it kept telling me to "stop hitting it" but then I realized that just meant the batteries were running low haha!
I've got my dark Sentinel sith blade mounted in my living room over the foosball table, and it looks super legit. The only flaw...
Now I need a blue saber to put above it in the other direction!!

P.s. how do I post a picture here?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 03:56:43 PM »

Glad to hear your sabers are going strong!   That's a great pair to start with.

AS for pictures...   The easiest way is to open a free account on imgur, upload to there, then copy the bb link they provide and paste that into the body of your text here.  Easy-peasey!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Terem
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »

Darth Terem
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 03:10:50 PM »

Dark side https://imgur.com/gallery/gjagZqT

Darth Terem
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »

That's the only link I could find. Sorry best I can do. But it looks dope AF gaming above the foosball table.
I finally have the living room 12 year old me dreamed of....hahaha

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 08:13:23 PM »

Pretty pumped that you're enjoying your new lightsaber, it really is a unique experience. Congrats!

Posting pics to the forum just requires the right link code, there's a description below each one helping to describe what they're good for. The one you want will say "for message boards and forums".

You mention plastic parts on your Dark Sentinel, not sure what you mean - the speaker and battery holder inside the hilt? The entire exterior is aluminum as far as I know.

Thx for the review!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Benzedium
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »

What do you mean by plastic on the hilts??? The entire hilt is aluminum, even the buttons, and pommels, and everything...Really confused as to what part of the hilt is made of plastic???

Both sides of the force are ruled by extremes, and no extreme is ever wholly correct.
Only those that can claim control over every aspect of the force can declare true mastery. I do not believe in good or evil, I believe in balance.
That, is why I am a grey jedi.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 08:06:48 PM »

If you don't upgrade to an AV switch, you get the standard guarded switches (which are plastic).  I'm guessing that is what is being referred to.

Also I am not a fan of subtle FOC either.  Got GB with VA FOC and was surprised how hard it is to see it when clashing.  Saber lockup is more obvious though.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »

Its been a while since I held a Bellicose, but I remember having the impression that the black area on the grip was actually plastic and not metal?   I could be mistaken on that, though...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: