Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Child's Play Trailer  (Read 3725 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: February 08, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »

Not sure how I feel about this reboot. They're changing the story line

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM73NB2ZE8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

The cool thing is that there's a website built for the made up company that makes the doll in the movie

https://kaslancorp.com/

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:13:35 PM »

The cool thing is that there's a website built for the made up company that makes the doll in the movie
no, No, NO!!! The "cool thing" is we have another Chucky movie. And it doesn't look terrible. Just need to hear the voice and I'll be happy.

Plus, AUBREY freakin PLAZA.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:33:44 PM »

no, No, NO!!! The "cool thing" is we have another Chucky movie. And it doesn't look terrible. Just need to hear the voice and I'll be happy.

Plus, AUBREY freakin PLAZA.

Fair enough.  I do hope they don't mess this up.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »

Fair enough.  I do hope they don't mess this up.
If they do, at least we can gaze upon the quirky beauty magnificence that is Aubrey Plaza. Heart her so much.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »

If they do, at least we can gaze upon the quirky beauty magnificence that is Aubrey Plaza. Heart her so much.

Agreed. 

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:15 AM »

shes one of the main factors that has me worried... also in the 80's with things like My Buddy and Kid Sister, a toy like "Good Guy" made sense.  In 2019...not so much

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »

You don't like Aubrey Plaza?

Also, apparently this version will be about AI connecting to the internet and going evil (or something). No spirit of a serial killer possessing a doll. And no Brad Dourif voice either. This has me worried, but I'll still give it a go.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 08:42:04 PM »

Also, apparently this version will be about AI connecting to the internet and going evil (or something). No spirit of a serial killer possessing a doll. And no Brad Dourif voice either. This has me worried, but I'll still give it a go.

More I don't think she is a fit for a horror film.  What!?  No Voodoo?   SO its basically 'What if the Terminator was a doll"... think Ill pass

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »

More I don't think she is a fit for a horror film.  What!?  No Voodoo?   SO its basically 'What if the Terminator was a doll"... think Ill pass
Yep. No voodoo. I am still gonna give it the benefit of the doubt until I see more/hear some reviews.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 12:40:42 AM »

A movie about an AI robot to replace soldiers or the police force, makes sense.  A movie about an AI that wants to kill humanity or creates a world to enslave humanity into thinking that they are living regular lives while fighting humans in real life is plausible. 

An AI into a child's doll that decides or somehow turns into an evil killing doll versus the doll in the 80s that gets a soul transferred over by a serial killer via voodoo isn't really relevant nowadays. I'll still watch it though but I won't have my hopes up

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »

An AI into a child's doll that decides or somehow turns into an evil killing doll versus the doll in the 80s that gets a soul transferred over by a serial killer via voodoo isn't really relevant nowadays. I'll still watch it though but I won't have my hopes up
Voodoo and serial killers isn't necessarily an 80s thing. They could have set it modern day with the same basic premise and have it work. Although my enthusiasm is wavering given the lack of the serial killer possession angle. There were stakes to that first movie (if he stayed in the doll too long he'd be trapped in there forever. That's why he needed Andy, so he transfer his soul into the kid. Obviously, they stretched the premise beyond the ridiculous with the subsequent sequels, but that first Child's Play is still a solid movie).

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:34:27 PM »

I wasn't saying that voodoo is an 80s thing only. I was comparing the fact that the original movie used voodoo and possibly something different and more interesting than the modern day AI turning evil that the remake will or may follow.  Using voodoo to transfer a serial killer's soul into a doll and raining terror on the first kid that he wants to take over the body is much more interesting than technology turning evil

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »

Ah. My bad!

And we've seen technology turn evil (and done very well) in a whole host of movies; from 2001: A Space Odyssey to Terminator, Ex Machina to Upgrade.

I understand they don't want to do a straight remake and are trying to do something different, but voodoo and serial killer possessed doll is just such a cool premise. Have a single father rather than a single mother. They could have had the serial killer female and the kid be a little girl. The serial killer killer could even have a twisted crush on the father. That would be have been different and interesting.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:01:08 PM »

Ah. My bad!

And we've seen technology turn evil (and done very well) in a whole host of movies; from 2001: A Space Odyssey to Terminator, Ex Machina to Upgrade.

I understand they don't want to do a straight remake and are trying to do something different, but voodoo and serial killer possessed doll is just such a cool premise. Have a single father rather than a single mother. They could have had the serial killer female and the kid be a little girl. The serial killer killer could even have a twisted crush on the father. That would be have been different and interesting.

No worries my friend.  I'll try to make sure that I explain better next time myself as well. Smiley

Agreed. Tech turning evil in a bunch of movies of the past along directors trying different stories behind it which makes for a not so interesting story or movie especially in present day.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »

Or a combination of the 2....  Chucky shouldn't have been able to move at all...sure Lee Ray put is soul into it...but it has no bones..no muscles.  He would have been just laying there.  But if they had it where it was an animatronic toy. Then things might have gotten interesting

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: