Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Do I have a Chosen One CE or SE?  (Read 1234 times)
fricky
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« on: February 10, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »

Hi,
I was hoping you kind experts could help me identify the version of my new Chosen One saber.  I purchased it second-hand and it's really awesome.  I was told it was the CE version, but I feel like it's too light/silvery to be the nickel.  Seems like it's more than likely the SE version.  I'm sure it's difficult to tell since pictures can be deceiving.  I posted 1 photo with the flash and one without flash.  Any opinions on which version I have (or any more official ways to know for certain)?  Thanks for any help or opinions!

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:33:30 AM »

Hey there, not an expert, but two "tests" that might help:

1.) How visible are finger prints on the metal portion of the saber? Nickel tends to show finger prints, aluminum not so much.

2.) Check the little metal.. hook (? Idk what it technically is) next to the activation box. I don't believe that part gets nickel plated, so if it's a different color than the saber body, your saber is probably the CE. If it's the same color as the saber, its probably the SE.

I could be wrong, I don't own either I'm just looking at pictures of both on the website. I can't totally tell from your pics which you have

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:30:39 AM »

Looks to be SE since its not chrome shiny

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:08:59 PM »

Got a fridge magnet?

Nickel is magnetic, while aluminum is not. Smiley

A CE would only be plated, so it wouldn't maybe be a very strong attraction, but it should be there. 

A fridge magnet on a pure aluminum hilt does nothing.  Try near the emitter. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:58 PM »

I think that it's the CE version. Just checked the website pics where the CE and SE are next to each other. Your second pic looks pretty similar to the CE. First is with flash, second without?

I'd do the tests from Rapine and Solstice, though. It's not 100% clear if it's really the CE, just my conclusion from the photos.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

fricky
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:29:54 AM »

Thanks everyone!  Some pretty good ideas there.  I got a strong magnet from my automotive toolbox and the hilt has no magnetism whatsoever (other than hex screws).  So assuming nickel plating is enough nickel to exhibit magnetic properties, then I've got an SE version.  (Also, it's very hard to leave any sign of fingerprints.)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:24:55 PM »

Then yeah probably SE, still nice either way. We need a lit pic =] I've seen a couple CE's before in person, Monarch and Manticore CE's, both were much shinier as well than standard aluminum finish

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: