Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Staff Saber question  (Read 869 times)
avia83
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: February 13, 2019, 02:17:09 AM »

My friend wants his first saber to be a staff with sound. Has anyone tried using two dominix hilts, one with lite sound, coupled with the sound coupler? Or do both hilts need sound for it to be right?

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 02:27:01 AM »

Actually, I have a Dominix LE v4 with no sound. I'm planning on getting another one with sound and a quick disconnect coupler so I will have a staff with sound. It will save me some money and I'll still have sound. Many in the forum have done the same and they seem pretty happy with it. Besides, if you don't like it, you can always upgrade the stunt to sound later. Plus, you'd have a silent saber to practice with. Win win if you ask me.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 02:31:36 AM »

Actually, it's a pretty common thing. If you order one from the double bladed section with sound, it defaults to no sound for the second hilt. If you're going to go with that setup, it's probably best to not have flash on clash, as only one side would have it. The only other slight disadvantage would be that clash sounds might not trigger on the side without the board as often as they will on the side with the board, but they should work most of the time with a decent hit.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 03:40:18 AM »

The only drawback to using just one sound hilt is that the sound may not always react correctly on the non-sound end.
I have this with my Dark Initiate LE V4 staff. One end is a stunt, the other has Lite sound

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 04:42:14 AM »

It works well enough in my opinion some sensitivity issues as others mention but nothing too frustrating that overrides the joy of saving some money. But with sound on both sides, it is much louder of course.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »

I concur with Edon.  I had a pair of Dominix V3s, one with sound and one without, and it worked very well.  It saves a lot of $$$ of course, but there are advantages to having both sides with their own sound cards.  For my own council, though, one card is sufficient.   Just don't get flash-on-clash!  The stunt side won't flash, and sometimes on a hard hit on the stunt side the non-engaged blade will flash but the engaged one won't!  LOL   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

avia83
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:20:55 AM »

Thanks all, that helps a lot!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: