Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Any Valentines Day Flash Sale Purchases?  (Read 10288 times)
Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 02:05:19 AM »

My tracking was updated to Thursday now, but it'll be worth another days wait.

Excited about seeing Banes Heart lit up in person, though. It will all be revealed soon! 

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 02:32:42 AM »

My tracking was updated to Thursday now, but it'll be worth another days wait.

Excited about seeing Banes Heart lit up in person, though. It will all be revealed soon! 

I originally got a Monday delivery date and then it got shifted to Tuesday yesterday. Obviously they too forgot it was a postal holiday.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 03:26:56 AM »

I originally got a Monday delivery date and then it got shifted to Tuesday yesterday. Obviously they too forgot it was a postal holiday.

That's what I was thinking.

Arsenal:

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 04:56:01 AM »

Amazingly, FedEx delivered my Dominix V3 a day early.  Sadly the Bane's Heart is not as vibrant as I was hoping, but that's the risk you take with forum colors as I understand it.  It still looks good, just not as awesome as it could have been.  My Emeralds and Diamonds vary in their representations of BH too so I knew what I was getting into.  Make no mistake, I'm very pleased to complete the set with this lovely V3.  Here it is with its brethren and a few more members of its new extended family.

The AV switch is actually black, the flash just happened to reflect back off the glossy finish.  The whole hilt is one of the shiniest I've encountered, it's pretty nice.  Looking forward to seeing more of the spoils of this sale as everyone else's new toys arrive!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 06:12:07 AM »

Amazingly, FedEx delivered my Dominix V3 a day early.  Sadly the Bane's Heart is not as vibrant as I was hoping, but that's the risk you take with forum colors as I understand it.  It still looks good, just not as awesome as it could have been.  My Emeralds and Diamonds vary in their representations of BH too so I knew what I was getting into.  Make no mistake, I'm very pleased to complete the set with this lovely V3.  Here it is with its brethren and a few more members of its new extended family.

Just because (I'm sure you already have), have you tried making sure the batteries are fully charged? Sometimes that can cause a "less vibrant" color. Undecided

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »

Fair question, but yes I did check the charge level.  I also order all of my sound sabers (like this one) with the buckpuck Li-ion setup and my previous experience with mixed colors in others has borne out the notion that such a setup tends to result in very good color mixing retention through most of the charge range.  This particular LED pair is just either slightly misaligned or more likely the resistor value or blue LED output is a bit too far to one end of the tolerance range.  Like I said, I knew what I was getting into and it still looks fine.  Trying to tune the mix for this color is always going to be a toss up.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 08:28:18 AM »

I just like that you have one each of the V3s; Dominx LE, Aeon LE, Aeon and Dominix. Smiley

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2019, 02:12:30 AM »

I just like that you have one each of the V3s; Dominx LE, Aeon LE, Aeon and Dominix. Smiley

I also did that with both sizes of V2 sabers as well as the Sentinel/Apprentice V4 lineup.  I'm weak, but they're all so much fun to look at all lined up together.  Smiley  At least with this particular indulgence of my completist/collector OCD I can just order the items at a reasonable price rather than spend months or years scouring the globe trying not to get fleeced...

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »

I also did that with both sizes of V2 sabers as well as the Sentinel/Apprentice V4 lineup.  I'm weak, but they're all so much fun to look at all lined up together.  Smiley  At least with this particular indulgence of my completist/collector OCD I can just order the items at a reasonable price rather than spend months or years scouring the globe trying not to get fleeced...

They're great sabers to have, and easy on the wallet too.

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »

I know I'm going to dig my DA LE v5, but I will get myself the Initiate v3 soon.

I love it's simple design aesthetic.

Arsenal:

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2019, 07:50:08 PM »

The AV switch is actually black, the flash just happened to reflect back off the glossy finish.  The whole hilt is one of the shiniest I've encountered, it's pretty nice.  Looking forward to seeing more of the spoils of this sale as everyone else's new toys arrive!

The four V3s are awesome.  I think I may have to renew my acquaintance with the Dominix V3 very soon....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2019, 08:19:02 PM »

They're great sabers to have, and easy on the wallet too.

Agreed. Simplicity is great

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2019, 09:39:35 PM »

Agreed. Simplicity is great

Hmm.   Maybe I'll fill an inside straight and get a nice DomV3 in VA for my grab bag.  LOL  I could certainly live with that!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2019, 11:47:54 PM »

The full size V3s really grew on me over time.  I got an stunt Aeon as a raffle prize last year and quickly found that while they're not great for spinning (the upper choke is too low on the hilt) they're quite comfy for pretty much anything else.  It took a while, but you see above where I ended up.  I very much like simple, classy, and useful things.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »

All the V3s were sold out when I first started order Ultrasabers. Cry I wanted an Aeon V3 so badly back then it wasn't even funny. When they finally came back in stock, I got one in a grab bag, then I ordered a Dominix V3 for my first saber build. Great stuff. Though, while I was waiting for the V3s to come back in stock, I got some other good stuff like my Aeon V2s. I ordered a Phantasm staff mid 2016, it would have been a V3 but, as I said, the V3s were out, so I went with the V2.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: