Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate LE v3  (Read 1801 times)
Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvCKcppPnpM&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Sorry for the delay to the people who wanted to see my saber when it came in, my uploading was being weird. Please inform me if you cannot see the video for whatever reason also. I am super excited for this new saber. Although my previous saber is cooler (wall queen) i am glad to have this in and am using it as my stunt saber. It has the A/V switch, and dark catalyst pommel for a little more length and beauty. Thank you to Ultrasabers, this is quality work! Hope you enjoy. Sorry also, my filming is horrible, and the camera is trash as well. !000X better in person. Recommended!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 03:45:13 AM »

Looks really good there, Darth Cruelty

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:26:28 AM »

You're right DC, that's a good looking saber. I really like the extended pommel addition.  US does phenomenal work.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 07:55:01 AM »

Very nice saber and video. Smiley

Yeah, I think the Catalyst or Dark Catalyst pommel on an Initiate V3 or Dark Initiate V3 is always a great way to go. It adds a nice bit of length, giving you something between an Initiate and an Aeon or Dominix.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:33 PM »

You're right DC, that's a good looking saber. I really like the extended pommel addition.  US does phenomenal work.
Very nice saber and video. Smiley

Yeah, I think the Catalyst or Dark Catalyst pommel on an Initiate V3 or Dark Initiate V3 is always a great way to go. It adds a nice bit of length, giving you something between an Initiate and an Aeon or Dominix.
Looks really good there, Darth Cruelty
Thanks everyone. I know it's kind of basic compared to alot of folks' sabers on here, but it's been great for flowing/spinning and is beautiful to match, so it's a win win for me. Lol. My next saber will be a beastly, more expensive one, but they get PRICEY, need to save some first.  Cheesy

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 07:33:44 PM »

So what will the next saber be? Raven, Scorpion, Butcher?? Can't wait to find out.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »

Thanks everyone. I know it's kind of basic compared to alot of folks' sabers on here, but it's been great for flowing/spinning and is beautiful to match, so it's a win win for me. Lol. My next saber will be a beastly, more expensive one, but they get PRICEY, need to save some first.  Cheesy

Basic is good. The Aeon and Sentinel lines are my favorites. A lot of people who do combat and hardcore spinning like the basic sabers for their lack of protruding bits that will interfere with grip. A lot of people refer to them as "beater" sabers because they can take a lot of punishment.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 06:03:45 AM »

Basic is good. The Aeon and Sentinel lines are my favorites. A lot of people who do combat and hardcore spinning like the basic sabers for their lack of protruding bits that will interfere with grip. A lot of people refer to them as "beater" sabers because they can take a lot of punishment.
So what will the next saber be? Raven, Scorpion, Butcher?? Can't wait to find out.

I agree with you scifidude, all the fancy ones have claws and things that tend to stab, lol. I love the simple ones, and my initiate has already taken a few drops and is holding up nicely.

And i will prob get a sentinel next malik due to the priceyness of other sabers. In agreeance with scifidude again, the sentinel sabers look really nice for spinning and overall use. But i want the savior, and the azure reaper SOON also. I will eventually prob end up with all of them, lol, but prob savior, sentinel, azure reaper, and a v5 is in my near future.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 06:20:51 AM »

Great review you have there, Darth Cruelty.  I like the Dark Catalyst pommel on the Dark Ini LE V3. It goes well with it and adds some length to the hilt.

I agree with SFD. My favorite line of sabers are the Aeon, Dominix and Sentinel lines of sabers for spinning. I like the V4s the best for spinning, can't comment on the V5s since I don't own one yet. You can't go wrong with either line for spinning in my opinion.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 05:45:42 AM »

Great review you have there, Darth Cruelty.  I like the Dark Catalyst pommel on the Dark Ini LE V3. It goes well with it and adds some length to the hilt.

I agree with SFD. My favorite line of sabers are the Aeon, Dominix and Sentinel lines of sabers for spinning. I like the V4s the best for spinning, can't comment on the V5s since I don't own one yet. You can't go wrong with either line for spinning in my opinion.
I agree. This saber is now my favorite of the ones that i have. It is perfect for spinning, and just overall feels great in my hands. So smooth and sturdy, yet classy at the same time.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 02:16:40 PM »

That Catalyst pommel looks amazing on any of the Aeon/Initiate V3s.  There's something amazingly elegant about that hilt with that tapered pommel.  Though I like the Initiate V3 with other larger pommels as well. 

I have a pair with an Archon and War Glaive pommel, both handle very well.   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 06:22:43 AM »

That Catalyst pommel looks amazing on any of the Aeon/Initiate V3s.  There's something amazingly elegant about that hilt with that tapered pommel.  Though I like the Initiate V3 with other larger pommels as well. 

I have a pair with an Archon and War Glaive pommel, both handle very well.   

That bottom one is absolutely stunning. Love the color choice on the saber also, very nice touch.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »

Thank you!   I am very happy with how these turned out.   The experiment of using the paint has worked out better than I had hoped.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »

Thank you!   I am very happy with how these turned out.   The experiment of using the paint has worked out better than I had hoped.
What kind of paint did you use? I'm assuming your talking about the black accents on the hilt? It looks really nice!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 10:32:41 PM »

What kind of paint did you use? I'm assuming your talking about the black accents on the hilt? It looks really nice!

The dark gray rings are rustoleum "black steel" spray primer/paint.   The darker color in the grooves is Testors Model Masters Gun Metal.  The hilts started out as Initiate V3s with no color at all.  :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: