Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Twi’lek Lekku  (Read 14324 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2020, 05:52:15 AM »

OKAY So I haven't posted here in a while and I've made a lot of progress on this costume. I'm going to be doing a temp yellow color for this lekku and the character. She's built entirely from leftovers, so I'm calling her "Darth Rémenante." These aren't great pics, and there's more progress since, but I've finished the tabard and obi, the belt, and the headwrap. Tunic and skirt were things I had laying about, and the pouches I altered. These pictures are without makeup or lekku painting. I'm planning on wearing gloves and arm wraps as well. I'll try to throw things on and take a pic pre-makeup and pre-ironing with all of the pieces.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2020, 06:00:38 AM »

Hey LR,
Good to see you again!  *cough Only Light Can Cast Shadow next chapter please cough*  Wink

On a serious note: your lekku look fantastic!  Here's to seeing the next stage with makeup & full costume^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2020, 06:23:29 AM »

Hey LR,
Good to see you again!  *cough Only Light Can Cast Shadow next chapter please cough*  Wink

On a serious note: your lekku look fantastic!  Here's to seeing the next stage with makeup & full costume^^

XDDD I'm working on it! I'm finishing another script right now that might be premiered at Star Wars Celebration this year, pending it doesn't get canceled due to the plague. Next thing that's going to be ready to post will probably be more of "Twisted Morality" though. That I already have partially written. I need to stop putting off space battle writing, which I the holdup for "Only Light Can Cast Shadow" right now.

Thanks! Cheesy I'm actually scrounging together the pieces to try to take a quick pic right now, and praying that my partially painted lekku doesn't run off on the tunic and skirt so I have to wash them again (I literally just took the skirt out of the dryer an hour ago).

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 07:25:01 AM »

OKAY! More complete pics. Please excuse the awkward shoulders and excess on the arm wraps. I need to trim the wraps so they're not so long (and to get rid of the hideous logo part at the end) and sew in shoulder tucks on the tunic (right now they are only pinned). The skirt and tunic are also a wrinkly mess right now lol. I was actually planning on using a mock turtleneck instead of the full turtleneck here, but I couldn't find it, and I'm kind of liking the longer neck coverage now that I see it. Lekku is not fully painted and I'm not wearing the makeup. I also attached a picture of the body paint to get an idea for color.

EDIT: Saber is going to be Raven SS in Blazing Red

FURTHER EDIT!: I Just realized you can see my cat Sofie in the background in the mirror in the 3rd image. Say hi to Sofie!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2020, 08:25:35 AM »

Looks beautiful!

I'm curious how the ribbons (forgive me if it's the wrong word) on your forearms will look ones you start using your lightsaber. Might give it a real dramatic flair.

Great skills you have, really looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2020, 11:21:51 AM »

Wow! Just Wow! :-O

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2020, 02:46:49 PM »

WOW !!!  Shocked  You have come along way on that costume and it looks great! Point to you.  Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »

Looks beautiful!

I'm curious how the ribbons (forgive me if it's the wrong word) on your forearms will look ones you start using your lightsaber. Might give it a real dramatic flair.

Great skills you have, really looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Those will be cut. The wraps are too long right now so I need to trim them. The ends will be tucked in to secure them.

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2020, 12:35:55 AM »

Looking really solid! any kind of "prosthetic"/makeup style propwork is really impressive to me.

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2020, 01:11:10 AM »

I am really looking forward to seeing the finished version

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 01:16:37 AM »

OKAY! More complete pics. Please excuse the awkward shoulders and excess on the arm wraps. I need to trim the wraps so they're not so long (and to get rid of the hideous logo part at the end) and sew in shoulder tucks on the tunic (right now they are only pinned). The skirt and tunic are also a wrinkly mess right now lol. I was actually planning on using a mock turtleneck instead of the full turtleneck here, but I couldn't find it, and I'm kind of liking the longer neck coverage now that I see it. Lekku is not fully painted and I'm not wearing the makeup. I also attached a picture of the body paint to get an idea for color.

FURTHER EDIT!: I Just realized you can see my cat Sofie in the background in the mirror in the 3rd image. Say hi to Sofie!
Wow LR,
Your Twi'Lek Sith is looking fantastic!  I had a question about your arm wraps: I was debating on getting some for my wife's costume but I don't know how tedious they are and wanted your opinion.  Here's a picture analogue for her ensemble:

I was thinking of using either the wraps OR these gloves that I found on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/659270863/cyberpunk-fingerless-gloves-black-arm?ref=user_profile

Hi Sofie!  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2020, 02:23:47 AM »

Looking really good there, LR
Nice to see you back

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2020, 02:46:32 AM »

hey dutchman:

those fingerless gloves…

As a marching band director, I've had my colorguard use something like those once…look at algyteam.com you might be able to snag something therfe lik that

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2020, 05:47:59 AM »

hey dutchman:

those fingerless gloves…

As a marching band director, I've had my colorguard use something like those once…look at algyteam.com you might be able to snag something therfe lik that
Good looking out, mrg149!  I appreciate the link (and options  Wink)

Point to you, sir  Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2020, 10:57:17 PM »

Wow LR,
Your Twi'Lek Sith is looking fantastic!  I had a question about your arm wraps: I was debating on getting some for my wife's costume but I don't know how tedious they are and wanted your opinion.  Here's a picture analogue for her ensemble:

I was thinking of using either the wraps OR these gloves that I found on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/659270863/cyberpunk-fingerless-gloves-black-arm?ref=user_profile

Hi Sofie!  Wink

The fingerless gloves will probably be closer to the picture than arm wraps. Wraps aren't particularly difficult, IMO, but armlets are infinitely easier lol. Wraps you can get cheap on Amazon though. Mine were $4.99 with free shipping. The Jedi Closet on Etsy has some nice armlets that might look better though. I'd check them out. Price I believe is around the same as your link and the seamstress, is a lovely woman and wonderful to work with. She has a few pairs in varying colors up right now

https://www.etsy.com/listing/758053116/star-wars-cosplay-inspired-arm-wrap-or?ref=shop_home_active_13&sca=1

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: