Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Twi’lek Lekku  (Read 14187 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 07:34:08 AM »

So, update on this! I just started testing a headwrap pattern for covering the Lekku seam and securing the ear cones. Right now I'm doing a test one in leftover canvas from Star Forge Revan and plan on doing both brown leather and black leather ones once the pattern is secure. I'm doing a "nude" color first, until I can afford body paint. Planning on building a Twi'lek Sith Sorceress, so that will be fun!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »

So, update on this! I just started testing a headwrap pattern for covering the Lekku seam and securing the ear cones. Right now I'm doing a test one in leftover canvas from Star Forge Revan and plan on doing both brown leather and black leather ones once the pattern is secure. I'm doing a "nude" color first, until I can afford body paint. Planning on building a Twi'lek Sith Sorceress, so that will be fun!
I don't know how I missed this BUT I can't wait to see the finished product LR!

And good luck with your Sith Sorceress  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 09:27:34 PM »

Same here, I look forward to the finished product. If it looks as good as your Revan costume it will be great!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 10:10:28 PM »

Very nice, I love when I come across a Twilek while I am in armor. There's just something about the lekku. There are some many directions you can go. looking forward to the final product.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 04:16:12 AM »

Definitely looking forward to this one, LR. Especially the Twi'lek Sith Sorceress.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 04:54:11 AM »

Rev,

DUUUUUUDE! Those look sweet!! I vote for a blue/tan scheme (think Jabba's tail but blue…lots of airbrush time)

You're my cosplay heroine!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 05:27:29 AM »

Rev,

DUUUUUUDE! Those look sweet!! I vote for a blue/tan scheme (think Jabba's tail but blue…lots of airbrush time)

You're my cosplay heroine!

Starting with Natural Flesh tone because the good makeup is expensive XD eventually doing a purple Lekku and a blue Lekku. Probably using the one I paint purple for the Sith Sorceress. I'm thinking Black and wine with grey trim. Also doing sleeves and gloves so I can avoid as much paint as possible when I get that far XD I'd rather avoid needing an hour+ of makeup for a cstume, especially when I'l likely to sweat off much of it in a performance XD

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »

Starting with Natural Flesh tone because the good makeup is expensive XD eventually doing a purple Lekku and a blue Lekku. Probably using the one I paint purple for the Sith Sorceress. I'm thinking Black and wine with grey trim. Also doing sleeves and gloves so I can avoid as much paint as possible when I get that far XD I'd rather avoid needing an hour+ of makeup for a cstume, especially when I'l likely to sweat off much of it in a performance XD

You could always go with alcohol based paints, Oh the horror. I tried them on a Savage Opress I was doing. Great idea... Bad results. Black, wine, and grey are a great combo, looking forward to the progress.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 12:31:37 AM »

You could always go with alcohol based paints, Oh the horror. I tried them on a Savage Opress I was doing. Great idea... Bad results. Black, wine, and grey are a great combo, looking forward to the progress.

Alcohol paints do hold better, but quality bodypaint, in general, is expensive, especially the more of it you have to use. Making a conscious effort to ONLY have to paint my neck, face, and the Lekku when I get that far XD Purple will likely be what I use for the Sorceress. I'm planning on using the same for Yuthura Ban, so it will have a moderate amount of permanent tattooing on it when I get to the painting portion

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 11:03:00 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4xg9P-lGIU/?igshid=sk13xnpslsx0

Still not sure how to OST photos on the forum.
The link above is to a photo of my first twi’lek  cosplay. I was pretty happy with the result.
I used Proaiir hybrid makeup which I applied via sponge and brushes and the lekku was a cheap set from amazon that I stuffed and repainted

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 10:23:05 PM »

I've been looking at twilekpam's stuff and trying to justify buying lekku for a while now. Yours look fantastic, so I guess I'm justified.  Grin

The link above is to a photo of my first twi’lek  cosplay. I was pretty happy with the result.
I used Proaiir hybrid makeup which I applied via sponge and brushes and the lekku was a cheap set from amazon that I stuffed and repainted

Your costume is fantastic; that headpiece is stunning! Did your bodypaint stain your costume at all? I'd live in fear of sitting down for fear that I'd leave a bright blue impression on any and all furniture.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 06:05:01 AM »

You look AMAZING!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 03:35:03 AM »

I was gonna say like a green color but not too too close to Hera's color though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 07:40:03 AM »

I've been looking at twilekpam's stuff and trying to justify buying lekku for a while now. Yours look fantastic, so I guess I'm justified.  Grin

Your costume is fantastic; that headpiece is stunning! Did your bodypaint stain your costume at all? I'd live in fear of sitting down for fear that I'd leave a bright blue impression on any and all furniture.

Thanks
No once the proaiir is set, you have to use an alcohol base or liquid soap to scrub it off x

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2020, 04:22:28 AM »

Thanks
No once the proaiir is set, you have to use an alcohol base or liquid soap to scrub it off x

Thank you! I'll have to look it up; I'd only every heard of meheron or that water based cake stuff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: