Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Twi’lek Lekku  (Read 14184 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »

Fantastic job Lady R. Can't wait to see the finished product.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 02:27:15 AM »

Ah, I dig those arm wraps. Leaving them at length is totally impractical, but it would look super cool. Hi Sophie! Your costume is great; very elegant and just gothy enough to look like a Sith!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2020, 06:00:13 AM »

UPDATE! I finally for the yellows to match between the lekku and the makeup!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2020, 06:04:31 AM »

I love the Red/black +point

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »

Crazy good!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2020, 02:13:31 AM »

Looking VERY good here, Lady R

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 03:00:27 AM »

Hi LR,

Your skills never cease to astound me (except maybe your skills in charging batteries for your sabers  Grin) These Lekku and your makeup have to be pretty close to studio quality, they are awesome.

points for your efforts (will drop another after 24hrs OK)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »

Wow LR your lekku (and makeup job) look incredible!  I can imagine it really adds something to the finished ensemble  Smiley

Just out of curiosity, how long did the makeup application take?

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2020, 05:47:30 AM »

Hi LR,

Your skills never cease to astound me (except maybe your skills in charging batteries for your sabers  Grin) These Lekku and your makeup have to be pretty close to studio quality, they are awesome.

points for your efforts (will drop another after 24hrs OK)

Pretty sure they still astound you with how BAD they are! lol Though I am happy to say that I charged 3 sabers this week!

Wow LR your lekku (and makeup job) look incredible!  I can imagine it really adds something to the finished ensemble  Smiley

Just out of curiosity, how long did the makeup application take?

Point!

Application took far longer than it should have because I was experimenting with brushes. I found that a good old fashioned wood-handled sponge paintbrush works better than any makeup applicator I own XDD It also works nicely for applying things like blush and contour without creating streaks in the makeup. Since the paint I'm using is water-based and not alcohol-based or a mix, getting it to be even and not streaky is a little more difficult. It's significantly cheaper, but you have to work a lot harder. It took about an hour for the face. I think it should only take around 30 minutes now that I know what I'm doing better though.

I'm planning on submission photos soon, so I'll be sure to share an action shot when it's all on.

Thank you so much everyone for the points!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2020, 11:11:50 AM »

Pretty sure they still astound you with how BAD they are! lol Though I am happy to say that I charged 3 sabers this week!

Application took far longer than it should have because I was experimenting with brushes. I found that a good old fashioned wood-handled sponge paintbrush works better than any makeup applicator I own XDD It also works nicely for applying things like blush and contour without creating streaks in the makeup. Since the paint I'm using is water-based and not alcohol-based or a mix, getting it to be even and not streaky is a little more difficult. It's significantly cheaper, but you have to work a lot harder. It took about an hour for the face. I think it should only take around 30 minutes now that I know what I'm doing better though.

I'm planning on submission photos soon, so I'll be sure to share an action shot when it's all on.

Thank you so much everyone for the points!
I knew that makeup could be involved, just not to that extent  Smiley

I have to reiterate: you did a fantastic job, especially matching the lekku to your face paint!  Can't wait to see the upcoming pics!

Keep it up, LR  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

I knew that makeup could be involved, just not to that extent  Smiley

I have to reiterate: you did a fantastic job, especially matching the lekku to your face paint!  Can't wait to see the upcoming pics!

Keep it up, LR  Smiley

It's because you have to do several layers to make sure that the skin looks even and let them dry in between (dry time adds time), and I have to inevitably redo much of it after the eyes because I'm incompetent at applying eye makeup (I ended up using a sponge paintbrush for the eye shadow as well, because it caused the least disturbance to the yellow underneath

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »

It's because you have to do several layers to make sure that the skin looks even and let them dry in between (dry time adds time), and I have to inevitably redo much of it after the eyes because I'm incompetent at applying eye makeup (I ended up using a sponge paintbrush for the eye shadow as well, because it caused the least disturbance to the yellow underneath
Which makes it all the more impressive  Wink

Question: for my wife's character, she's got blue lips.  What's the best lipstick to use?

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2020, 09:26:33 PM »

Which makes it all the more impressive  Wink

Question: for my wife's character, she's got blue lips.  What's the best lipstick to use?

NYX will have your weird colors, although it depends on the shade of blue you want. Their lippie in Earl Grey is a nice, cool toned pastel blue, but it has basically no staying power, and needs to be reapplied often.

Lime crime also has a pastel blue, but it's matte, and I think it's special edition and might be limited. It's Thistle. This sticks on forever and you need an oil based remover to get it off without removing a layer of skin.

Maybelline has a good dark blue, in their colorsensational line, called Midnight Blue.

She can use the trick where you layer powder over a tissue to make it more lasting

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

NYX will have your weird colors, although it depends on the shade of blue you want. Their lippie in Earl Grey is a nice, cool toned pastel blue, but it has basically no staying power, and needs to be reapplied often.

Lime crime also has a pastel blue, but it's matte, and I think it's special edition and might be limited. It's Thistle. This sticks on forever and you need an oil based remover to get it off without removing a layer of skin.

Maybelline has a good dark blue, in their colorsensational line, called Midnight Blue.

She can use the trick where you layer powder over a tissue to make it more lasting
Good looking out, BF!  Thanks for that wealth of information; I'll pass it along to Mrs. Dutchman  Smiley

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2020, 05:59:11 PM »

I really like where this has gone. great job.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: