Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Vive la France and Saber Combat!  (Read 1430 times)
HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« on: February 18, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »

ESPN article from this morning.  France now considers saber combat a sport! 

http://www.espn.com/olympics/fencing/story/_/id/26024152/french-fencing-body-recognizes-lightsaber-dueling-sport

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:27:01 AM »

That's cool!  Thank you for the find, HanSolo!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »

Since last September, the French Fencing Federation has given 800 Euro (900 US $) of lightsabers to all the affiliated associations that ask for it.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »

That's a great new ! But we are still considered as nerds... XD

I hope more styles will be developed because we need to be affiliated to the fencing federation to be considered as a sport.

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 01:41:14 AM »

It is a first step and i hope other federations will follow the move.
It will take time i think. The Savate federation is not ready and the head of the comittee told me that lightsaber is not serious Cheesy Fact is that in many Savate club, we practice lightsaber as well as canne but it is not official...

I hope the Fencing federation will have a lot of new practicioners to prove that lightsaber can be « serious » ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »

It is a first step and i hope other federations will follow the move.
It will take time i think. The Savate federation is not ready and the head of the comittee told me that lightsaber is not serious Cheesy Fact is that in many Savate club, we practice lightsaber as well as canne but it is not official...

I hope the Fencing federation will have a lot of new practicioners to prove that lightsaber can be « serious » ...

yes I hope so ! Even if there isn't other federation, It might be cool if Fencing Federation open their mind to other weapon (2 handed, sword, staff, spears) for lightsabers.
I saw there is now only 1 hand style in many club. They could copy the kendo style too ! :p

good news to come I think :p

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: