Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3D Printer??  (Read 2373 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« on: February 20, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »

Hello,

I bought a 3D printer Ender 3 for about 200 US$ last week and it is amazing Wink

I use Cura for Slicer (it is a free app that makes the printing code from a 3D file) and my first prints were geek things (RPG miniature purchased on Heroforge.com). The result is very good for the price I paid.

Here comes the printer :

And here come the miniatures (35 mm).

Did anybody here buy one? Or are there other users that can share knowledge?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »

Looking good there, Master Seblaise. I've been looking at one myself so that I can design my own chassis and other parts. How do you like it? Also, how long did it take to print out each miniatures?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »

Hi Master Seblaise,

I wish I had an extra couple of hundred dollars (well UK pounds!) I really need a printer to print out some of my saber designs. May I ask what the maximum sized part that can be printed is?

point for the share (even though I'm slightly jealous now)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »

Hi MAster Seblaise,

I wish I had an extra couple of hundred dollars (well UK pounds!) I really need a printer to print out some of my saber designs. May I ask what the maximum sized part that can be printed is?

point for the share (even though I'm slightly jealous now)

On this Ender 3, they say it is a volume of 20 x 20 x 25 cm ...

Tou can find bigger volume for about the same price I think ...

And thanks for the point Wink

Looking good there, Master Seblaise. I've been looking at one myself so that I can design my own chassis and other parts. How do you like it? Also, how long did it take to print out each miniatures?

I like it a lot ... the quality seems very good for such a price ...

It takes 2h30 for the miniature but I ask for the maximum of accuracy

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »

On this Ender 3, they say it is a volume of 20 x 20 x 25 cm ...
Tou can find bigger volume for about the same price I think ...
I like it a lot ... the quality seems very good for such a price ...
It takes 2h30 for the miniature but I ask for the maximum of accuracy

Thanks Master Seb for the quick reply. This sounds like it would work nicely for me actually. Most saber handgrips are between 15-20cm so even if I made each saber from an emitter, handgrip and pommel part I could just about make them full scale. I would have no problems printing them at 50% scale.

I will have to look further into buying one of these. Many thanks.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »

Thanks Master Seb for the quick reply. This sounds like it would work nicely for me actually. Most saber handgrips are between 15-20cm so even if I made each saber from an emitter, handgrip and pommel part I could just about make them full scale. I would have no problems printing them at 50% scale.

I will have to look further into buying one of these. Many thanks.

To be accurate, i bought it 175 Euro and it came from UK (even if it is chinese made)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 04:03:15 PM »

To be accurate, i bought it 175 Euro and it came from UK (even if it is chinese made)

Hello again, that males it sound even better! I have about half the cash to buy one of these then, and there is the added benefit of cheaper shipping as I am UK based (for once it might work in my favour!) I will watch your progress and see what results you get with the printer and decide. But I'm sorely tempted.

I had considered going to a nearby 3D Printing company and getting a model printed by them but that would be pretty expensive just for a "prototype".

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »

I've been thinking of getting a 3D printer, since they have gone down drastically in price the past few years. It wound be really handy to be able to design and print my own custom lightsaber chassis, among other things.

Those figures you printed look like they're of good quality.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »

I've been thinking of getting a 3D printer, since they have gone down drastically in price the past few years. It wound be really handy to be able to design and print my own custom lightsaber chassis, among other things.

Those figures you printed look like they're of good quality.

That is true ... 5 years ago, I did not imagine I can have one at home

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »

Really like your newest tech toy. Those detailed figurines look good.  When can I place my order.  Wink

Can't believe the low cost of that printer.  Are the medium supplies expensive ?  What kind of a plastic is used ?

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:20 PM »

Really like your newest tech toy. Those detailed figurines look good.  When can I place my order.  Wink

When you want my Lady Wink We will print something that can travel by itself half a world  Tongue

Can't believe the low cost of that printer.  Are the medium supplies expensive ?  What kind of a plastic is used ?

I use PLA (because it is easier to use). I bought it 18 Euro (27 Can$) per kg ... so, I would say that it is not very expensive ...
Many vids on Youtube come from the US and they say it is a 200 US$ printer ... so I think tou can find one for that price in Canada too ...

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 12:29:17 AM »

Thanks for the info on the cost of supplies, Master Seblaise. That doesn't sound bad at all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: