Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blazing Red And Ultra Edge Blades  (Read 1944 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: February 20, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »

Anyone notice the big differences of Blazing Red on an Ultra Edge blade now days? I actually kinda prefer the Ultra Edge type blades now Tongue Put an Ultra Edge Mid Grade blade on my Crimson Savior and I actually kinda like the glow look better than the standard blades

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 11:36:50 PM »

Most of mine are ultra edge blades. I do like the look better. Welcome to the club.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »

One thing you can do is sand the outside of your standard blades. It won't quite give you an Ultraedge, but it will dual diffuse the blade and give you a brighter and fuller blade with, I think, a nicer looking core effect than you get with a clear blade. I do that with most of my standard blades these days, it works great with both heavy and midgrade blades. The core effect is especially nice in a heavy grade. And, most importantly, it won't alter the colors like an Ultraedge will.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 12:20:12 AM »

I have a few sanded blades already so Tongue I normally don't like Ultra Edge style blades but this particular set up I do

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:22:28 AM »

Cool. It's also good to explore all the options. When I was first buying sabers, I didn't know what looked best so I ordered both standard and Ultraedge blades to see what I like best. Darth Cephalus did a video about dual diffusing blade, that's how I learned to sand the outside of my standard blades. Smiley

One color that looks slick in an Ultraedge is Sunrider's Destiny.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 12:40:32 AM »

True, same with Emerald Green as well Tongue I need me an Emerald Green blade again Tongue

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 12:53:09 AM »

It's one of those colors I've been wanting to try.

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 05:20:19 AM »

I've reached the point where the only colors I want in UltraEdge are Arctic Blue, Emerald Green and SRD.  I've slowly come around over the past year or so to prefer even Consular Green and Guardian Blue in clear blades because the pure, rich colors are more striking to me and I judge it more important to see the pure color than worry about the "light in a tube" effect.  Also, I kind of like the "core" effect even without diffusing the outside of the blade though that is on my list of things to try.  This is a perfect example of how individual mileage can vary in my opinion.  Thank goodness UltraSabers gives us so many options so everyone's preferences can be catered to, huh?

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »

I always liked BR in Ultra Edge. The only color I don't like is FO, it literally turns it gold. VA, BR, CG, AB, and GB have all looked great in Ultra Edge for me.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 03:02:40 AM »

I got one in the mail today. It's my free grab bag for spending $600 during the Winter Giveaway. It's a Dark Sentinel LE V5 in blazing red with a 36" midgrade UE blade, and blazing red does indeed look super nice in UE. It's a single LED, but the UE blade makes for a nice bright and full blade all the way down. Smiley

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 03:14:45 AM »

I'm in the camp with ktulu, but for me actually, I like BR in a purple dayblade.  It is just so sweet looking in my opinion.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 06:20:32 AM »

I'm in the camp with ktulu, but for me actually, I like BR in a purple dayblade.  It is just so sweet looking in my opinion.

Now that's a look I hadn't seen before.  I may have to check into that.  Thanks for the pic and the idea Edon!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 07:29:13 AM »

I'm with Ktulu.  I like the greens and blues in the UE blade but for the reds, oranges and yellow, the regular blades look way better since UltraEdge makes those look like a Popsicle

eratosthenes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 34

Sentinel with a camera

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »

That's a really good look. I'll have to research day blades, now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: