Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spectre v Menace  (Read 491 times)
you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« on: February 21, 2019, 05:16:34 AM »

So, which hilt would be heavier?

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2361

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 06:29:15 AM »

Good question.  I think Samhain can answer that since he has a Menace staff and a Spectre

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -377

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »

They are pretty close,  but I'd say the Spectre is heavier. Love them both.

My Collection: Emperor's Hand (diamond controller),Guardian, Dominix LE v4, Fulcrum,Spectre, Azure Butcher, Raven, Crimson Menace, Bellicose, Archon v3.1, Azure Reaper, Grand Master LE, Monarch CE, Malice, Dark Shock, Crimson Fallen,  Dark Standard Issue v3, and coming soon, the Empress and the Renegade LE with Diamond controller!

Wish list: Scorpion, Manticore and Bane

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1259

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »

I've held the Spectre at a con while having my Menace with me actually and yes the Spectre is heavier than the Menace no doubt.  Of course I have the Menace without the recharge port which is shorter than the Menace with a recharge port.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2090

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »

The Menace isn't very heavy.  The Spectre is top heavy because of that large emitter, plus its got a metal sleeve around it and an actual pommel.

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:08 PM »

The Spectre is noticeably heavier.  All that aluminum for the fancy emitter is unavoidably heavy, but it's still decently balanced because of the big pommel.  I removed the tsuba from my Spectre so that helps a little but it's still unwieldy compared to the Menace, which I found a pleasant surprise in the weight and general handiness department.  Of course I immediately stuck my two Menaces together into a staff, but as a single blade saber it would actually be quite useable for a canon inspired hilt.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1259

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:05 AM »

Yes exactly me too, the first time I picked up a Menace, I knew I had to get one, it felt like it belonged in my hand.  The Spectre with the engraving gives a real good tactile dimension to the saber, had it on my wishlist in SRD but since I already have a black Reaper in Tri-AB which tends to be towards the green side, that kind of fills that color/etching scheme in my collection so I have since taken it off.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Maybe I should get another Archon v3.1 and coupler. Who knows . . . .

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

GreyTemplar+
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 11:44:17 AM »

The Spectre is noticeably heavier.  All that aluminum for the fancy emitter is unavoidably heavy, but it's still decently balanced because of the big pommel.  I removed the tsuba from my Spectre so that helps a little but it's still unwieldy compared to the Menace, which I found a pleasant surprise in the weight and general handiness department.  Of course I immediately stuck my two Menaces together into a staff, but as a single blade saber it would actually be quite useable for a canon inspired hilt.

How difficult would it be to switch out the spectre emitter for the dark menace emitter? Would it function as well? Just working out a few theories before I'm able to get my first basic sabers.

There is no darkness without light
Nor love without passion.
Ignorance yields to knowledge,
And knowledge to wisdom.
I choose my destiny,
But always heed the Force.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2090

Aw, crap.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 11:56:37 AM »

It would sit something like this.  The threading is still exposed because it would need the tsuba from the spectre.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: