Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mute Function?  (Read 3665 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« on: February 23, 2019, 02:29:33 AM »

Is there a way to mute the sound via the AV switch?  Is there a way to do it on the Obsidian LITE or is it an option only (or even an option) on the higher end soundcards?  Most of my middle school band members are huge SW fans.  I am think about starting up a SW club and getting a saber for the group (a silver hilt with a VA LED - our school colors are purple and silver.  Oh, and our mascot are the Knights).  I'd like to have the option to mute the sound during meetings or to be able to turn the on LED without the sound during band rehearsals, but I would still like the sound to be available for letting the members swing the saber around.  Any ideas?

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 03:27:27 AM »

Obsidian V4 comes with 7 font slots, one of which is a "blank font" with no sound effects. You can cycle and select these very simply using the switch. Obsidian V3 only has one font, but it's able to be changed via a computer, however it can not be changed from "blank" to a sound font on the fly. The Obsidian Lite sound font is fixed from the factory, there is no way to change it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 03:53:02 AM »

Thanks!  That's what I wanted to know. 

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:21:49 AM »

The best option with the Lite Sound would be to switch the pommel. If your pommel has no vents, there's no way for the sound to escape, and so you won't hear anything.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 05:10:53 AM »

But you might damage your speakers that way so not really recommended.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »

Put something soft like a wadded up bit of cloth in the pommel. It won't mute the sound, but it will muffle it.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »

Put something soft like a wadded up bit of cloth in the pommel. It won't mute the sound, but it will muffle it.

Much better option.  If you use the solid pommel it will eventually shred the speaker due to the sound waves being trapped in there.   Muffling can mute it down to something very quiet while preserving the speaker.  And its always cool to be able to hear the saber sounds, even if no one else can hear them well.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 01:01:40 AM »

Much better option.  If you use the solid pommel it will eventually shred the speaker due to the sound waves being trapped in there.   Muffling can mute it down to something very quiet while preserving the speaker.  And its always cool to be able to hear the saber sounds, even if no one else can hear them well.  :-)

The solid pommel against the speaker isn't going to happen.  I don't want to damage the speaker.  The speaker may not be big, but with way for the air to disperse, that is a recipe for replacing the speaker.  I actually put my Sentinel pommel (non-vented) on my Archon just to see what happens.  It was actually hitting the speaker, and that was with the speaker pushed up as far as it could go.  I actually have four cotton balls in the pommel of my Archon 3.1.  While it drops the sound aout 20 dB, it is still easily heard from across my home office/studio, which is a pretty good size.  It allows the sound waves to disipate and doesn't damage the speaker.  I think I'm going to spring for the premium sound wth the Obsidian 4 soundcard just so I have the option of going completley silent at the press of a button.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: