Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Removing my 4xAAA batteries and putting in buckpuck/li-ion.  (Read 800 times)
kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« on: March 03, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »

How hard is it to just solder all of this in myself?
I've replaced several battery holders, since they get destroyed during combat, and it looks like the buckpuck is just wired in right after the battery pack.

Is that all there is to it? Battery holder > buckpuck > LED/Switch?

Dominix v4; Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Liberator v3; Fire Orange - Dark Apprentice v4; V. Amethyst - Apprentice v4; Arctic Blue - Catalyst; V. Amethyst Obsidian v4 - Prophecy v3; Consular Green - Dark Initiate v3; Sunrider's Destiny

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:34:06 AM »

Hello there. Check out this video for the basic soldering how to

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjX5Il3SnI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:45:04 PM »

Yes, to Rob you shall listen. That man's videos taught me how to build sabers. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:59:40 AM »

Yes, to Rob you shall listen. That man's videos taught me how to build sabers. Smiley

You too huh?  That's how I learned, Rob's awesome.   And listen we shall... Wink

kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »

Points!
Thank you very much! This answered more questions I never even knew I had!
I'm not a "hands on" kind of guy, I typically just fix the super easy things... but as the years go on, I've had to learn how to do some things (for instance, never soldered before about 6months ago) for my sabers to save me time and a little bit of money...

Gonna have to look at all of these videos now and upgrade my toolkit lol

Dominix v4; Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Liberator v3; Fire Orange - Dark Apprentice v4; V. Amethyst - Apprentice v4; Arctic Blue - Catalyst; V. Amethyst Obsidian v4 - Prophecy v3; Consular Green - Dark Initiate v3; Sunrider's Destiny

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: