Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: GOT final season  (Read 5038 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 11:55:22 AM »

I embedded the video for you, Master Seb

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »

Personally, when I start a show I finish it before moving on.  I binged Breaking Bad in 2 weeks.
For me it, depends on the show and my mood.

But just because it has a large passionate fan base?  That just doesn't compute to me.  
It's a mentality thing. Either you get it or your don't. Just one of those differences that make up the complexities of the human race.  Smiley

Peter Dinklage is American...he seems to do alright :p  One of the good things about GOT is while "based" on Europe it is in a completely different universe so accents can sound odd without issue.
I skimmed an article about why there aren't more Americans in the show. It boils down to the basis for this world is medieval England/Europe. Plus, why not have a show as a way for great talent to get more exposure. I know it may seem as though there is a British (and Australian) invasion happening, as so many top roles go to actors from those two places. But talent is talent. It's just that Britain has a long established history of classical training for actors, which definitely helps them in future roles (blame Shakespeare!  Cheesy)

As for Peter Dinklage, for the role it was probably either him or Warwick Davis up for the role and Dinklage has more range. Plus, I thought Dinklage was English. Go figure. But I doubt very much an American would be able to do a regional Northern accent like so many on the show. Having just watched Hellboy, Jinn from Lost tries very hard to do an English accent. And while it's okay, it still sounds very much like someone doing what they think an English accent is. But, these things happen.

I think a better saying would be Location, Location, Cost.    Early on GOT had a minimal budget , seriously they used discount Ikea Rugs for their cloaks.  By hiring a lot of local actors they saved on budget...like Hercules and Xena.
I think some of the show is shot in Iceland and Spain as well isn't it? But, I remember a producer once talking about casting American actors vs English actors. He said something along the lines of American actors a lot fo the time will take a role for the exposure and how much they will get paid. An English actor will take a role based on how interesting the character is and whether they like the material. Plus, they charge half of what Americans do.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 05:21:02 AM »

I didn't even realise the show was based on books until about 3 years ago! You seem to love the books in the same way as others love Lord of the Rings. And that's very cool.

And, not having seen the show, I can't comment on whether I like it or not.

Books are well written, you can not imagine Tongue

They are based both on the English War of Roses between York and Lancaster and the Curse the lord commander of the Templars gave to the king of France in the history books "Les Rois Maudits" (The Cursed Kings) by Maurice Druont ...

The TV show is a very good adaptation Wink

By the way, I love LOTR too Tongue

I embedded the video for you, Master Seb

Thanks Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »

The trailer of Ep. 02 is fantastic Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YCfVe4eR0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YCfVe4eR0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:02:46 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 06:02:58 PM »

Embedded for you

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 06:08:58 PM »

Not sure I fully get the joke, but I hope fans of the show will.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »

Not sure I fully get the joke, but I hope fans of the show will.

Well that didn't take long LOL

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »

Ep. 02 was very VERY interesting and pleasant to watch ... now, let's run for ep. 03 and I can not wait for it ... 7 DAYS!!!!!!! It will be too hard  Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »

Yea  Ep 2 was a nice character episode...a good "lull" before the insanity begins

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dlkn0nuR28" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dlkn0nuR28</a>

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 08:27:54 AM »

Ok, this Ep 03 was astonishing (do not even know if the word exists but it sounds great  Grin )

And the trailer of Ep 04 .... 7 days  Grin

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »

Just finished episode 3 right now myself. Final season is moving along nicely.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 12:38:39 AM »

People unhappy with last nights episode.

https://wokesloth.com/game-of-thrones-sexist-reviews/edward/?utm_content=buffer70e1f&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=thegoodlordabove&utm_campaign=bloomjoy&fbclid=IwAR29nIN8dbQvAdqNS1gPkBluMONqlZejqfxFkauPH0y3Ol9oRQ9STmI0voM

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »

Do your agree with the article? The too dark thing I have heard plenty of people complain about. The other reason given I think is BS. Anybody who has been watching the show should be able to accept it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 04:23:17 AM »

I didn't actually read it as I haven't don't watch GoT. Just doing my part to contribute to the conversation though. Although I have friends who complained about it being too dark in terms of brightness of the picture, not the content of the show.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: