Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: A structural question about the Butcher...  (Read 2744 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 03:58:11 AM »

A Butcher in VA is really tempting....
Fair warning, it's not good for a high grip with smaller hands, and I definitely recommend using gloves.
I use XL gloves, and still grip the Butcher on the lower section when wielding it

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 04:14:21 AM »

Thanks Edon!   Yeah, when the hex screws are that small it can get ... interesting.  I have a really cool "easy out" tool, though, that's basically a drill bit with an opposite-direction torque.  Great for just such an emergency!  :-)  Hopefully, though, it won't come to that...

I bought multiple opposite direction drill bits to "overcome" the issue.  None worked.  Again may the saber gods bless your endeavors more than they did mine.

Fair warning, it's not good for a high grip with smaller hands, and I definitely recommend using gloves.
I use XL gloves, and still grip the Butcher on the lower section when wielding it

Or if you have loose claws, kill too birds with one stone and double leather wrap for comfort and to ensure there is absolutely no chance of rattle:

Yes I know what you are thinking and I too never expected to leather wrap a Butcher, but necessity is the mother of invention

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 05:57:21 AM »

Yeah I figured.... hence why I'm not ever planning to actually buy one. Cheesy Anything without a top choke point I will universally find uncomfortable to hold.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »

You need these:

Beautiful

Yeah I figured.... hence why I'm not ever planning to actually buy one. Cheesy Anything without a top choke point I will universally find uncomfortable to hold.

Same here. My saber collection are now based on being wield and spin friendly

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »

Came here to say I am in the process of doing this myself - Edon youll be pleased to know that these screws seem to be very well made as they came out with little problem. However now im wondering how you got the full claw off? the screw is out but the claw is very well set in the upper hilt

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 03:08:23 AM »

Mine was loose in the upper hilt from the start that is the reason I wanted to get the claw off in the first place, to try to put some glue or something to tighten it in place cause it was rattling from the top of the hilt by the emitter.  But unfortunately my tools stripped the screws so I just had to figure another way which is why I just ended up wrapping. So I had exactly the opposite problem!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

I was one of the first to get a Butcher via preorder and was pretty vocal about the issue I had with customer service and this forum.  So I wouldn't doubt that now they are being more careful about setting in tightly and possibly adding jb weld to the top of the claws now. (customer service recommendation to fix my claw rattling issue if I didn't want to send it in for repair, which I didn't/dont)  Actually I have not seen any other member report loose claws on the Butcher.  Only lucky me... Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »

Mine was loose in the upper hilt from the start that is the reason I wanted to get the claw off in the first place, to try to put some glue or something to tighten it in place cause it was rattling from the top of the hilt by the emitter.  But unfortunately my tools stripped the screws so I just had to figure another way which is why I just ended up wrapping. So I had exactly the opposite problem!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

I was one of the first to get a Butcher via preorder and was pretty vocal about the issue I had with customer service and this forum.  So I wouldn't doubt that now they are being more careful about setting in tightly and possibly adding jb weld to the top of the claws now. (customer service recommendation to fix my claw rattling issue if I didn't want to send it in for repair, which I didn't/dont)  Actually I have not seen any other member report loose claws on the Butcher.  Only lucky me... Tongue

Well in case youre still interested I did a full breakdown of the process and result over here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41679.0

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: