Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber MicroSD Card  (Read 2420 times)
JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

"Your expectations aren't my responsibilities"

« on: March 07, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »

Aloha,

My girlfriend and I broke up last week. Without getting into the drama of the whole thing, I got her some nice sabers for Christmas last year. I put together some sound fonts for her and one of them is broken still on her saber.

She's not a tech person. I was wondering IF I load up a microSD card on one of my sabers with all the sound fonts that she's going to need, can I just remove the MicroSD card and mail it to her? If she puts it into the other saber, will it have the sound fonts that I put onto it?

Both are from US and both have the Diamond controller.

Yes, I know we have broken up and we aren't on speaking terms, but I know she loves the sabers and will be using them for a very long time. I don't want her to have broken fonts on them.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:01:58 AM »

The only way to get fonts onto her sabers is by using the US Obsidian/Diamond software program on her PC/Laptop. She'd need the fonts on her computer first, then upload them using the program. An SD card is a way of getting them to her, but it can't be used to put fonts on directly. You could consider sending those files via email, which would get the fonts to her faster and they'd already then be on her computer.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

The only way to get fonts onto her sabers is by using the US Obsidian/Diamond software program on her PC/Laptop. She'd need the fonts on her computer first, then upload them using the program. An SD card is a way of getting them to her, but it can't be used to put fonts on directly. You could consider sending those files via email, which would get the fonts to her faster and they'd already then be on her computer.

That sucks.

Just to be clear, I'm not playing on putting the font files onto the MicroSD card directly. I will be putting the SD card into my saber then installing the fonts on my saber using the US Software.

The following:

#1 Plug my personal Diamond US into my personal computer.
#2 Use the US Obsidian software to load my personal US saber with all the fonts
#3 Remove the saber from the computer and test.
#4 Remove the MicroSD from the saber that I installed the fonts on using the US Software
#5 Mail her the MicroSD card and have her put it into her saber that is also running the same Diamond controller.

And have all the sound fonts now on her sabers? Smiley Again, you might have answered this with your first reply. I just want to make sure I'm clear with what I am asking.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 06:32:57 AM »

Just to be clear, US soundboards do not use SD cards. All uploads are a direct flash from the launcher program on your computer.

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:29:59 AM »

Just to be clear, US soundboards do not use SD cards. All uploads are a direct flash from the launcher program on your computer.

LOL *FACEPALM* Thank you for your time walking me through this. I don't know where I got the idea that there is a MicroSD card that can be removed. Somewhere in my mind I've seen it. Might have been on YouTube for a different saber manufacturer.

Again, thank you. Smiley 

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 12:23:30 PM »

Most welcome  Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 05:13:57 PM »

Yup. No US soundboards us any SD cards, they're all programmed through the Launcher

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »

There are other sound boards from other manufacturers which use SD cards, but as haz and Inf01 already said, Obsidian boards don't use. I'd stick with haz' suggestion of mailing the fonts to your former girlfriend so that she has them on the PC and can then load them to her saber herself.

You can refer to posts and tutorials here on how to upload fonts and effects to a Diamond saber if she's worried about doing it without any help. I do understand that it can be difficult for non-tech persons to figure out how to do it, but if she follows the steps in the right order, there is only a small risk of damaging the saber. She just has to be sure to use full batteries before doing any changes on the board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 12:15:56 AM »

Like pictoral memory basically if that's a such thing Tongue Happens to me all the time as well x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: