Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond customization/pulse questions  (Read 1070 times)
JFetrow
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: March 08, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »

Rookie questions here...
I want to customize the look of my blade with Diamond. Specifically, I want a pulse effect, and an occasional flicker from red (the 'base' color) to possible purple or orange. Flickers like so fast, you wonder if you actually really saw it. I'm trying to make it look like an unstable crystal.
Can that be done? Do we have THAT much control over the board?

Most importantly, since I've never done it, is there any sort of tutorial written about how to do it?

And is there any sort of on-screen visualizer, where you can see how your custom setup looks prior to loading it onto the saber?

If this is all gone over somewhere, just point me in the right direction, and I'll go from there. But honestly, any guidance would be appreciated here at the beginning. Thanks!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:35:05 PM »

I can't give you an in-depth tutorial on how to do it since I don't own a Diamond, but AFAIK the software allows you to do that. You only have a max of 20 points per effect, though, so you have to pay attention to that when setting up the flicker.

I looked at it in the editor and tried to do something similar to what you try to achieve. Remember, it's only in the editor, I don't know how that would look like on an actual saber:

1: I created a point every 0.05 sec.

2: Then I edited the values on every point like this for a test flicker:
     0.00s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 0
     0.05s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 10
     0.10s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 0
     0.15s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 10
     0.20s R 255 G 0 B 60 W/A 0
     0.25s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 10
     0.30s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 0
     0.35s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 10
     0.40s R 255 G 0 B 60 W/A 0
     0.45s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 10
     0.50s R 255 G 0 B 0 W/A 0

Play 20 times (=10 secs)...I hope that works, I don't know if it will just repeat just the 0.5s you set up or continue with the settings after the 0.5s border and then play everything 20 times. Maybe a Diamond user can correct me here if that shouldn't work.

3: If you found your favourite colour values, load your idle hum you want to use with the flicker and adjust the times so that the effect is in time with the sound. Be sure to maintain the regular pattern for the time values so that it really looks like a regular flicker.

An on-screen visualizer isn't implemented, but you can test the effect directly with the saber while it's connected before writing it to the board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: