Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: What will they think of next??  (Read 7708 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:47 AM »

So this promo has come to an end. We all know that Ultrasabers is not done. They always have something going for the saber enthusiasts in
 us all. Can we expect a spring raffle/sale? Would they dare introduce a new saber so soon after the release of the new V5s? Is there a flash sale on the horizon? Come on Emory, make our day! We've got more saber designs to complete and collections to grow. Feed us more. The addiction demands it. What say you forum?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:52:18 AM »

I'd love to see another curved option. The Mantis is... ok, I'm just not the biggest fan of the overall look. Maybe a more budget friendly version like a new curved V1 model.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 03:43:59 AM »

That's a good suggestion Saso, a simple - budget friendly curved hilt would go over big I think.  Not with me though lol, I'm not a curved hilt kinda Jedi.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 03:32:06 AM »

I think Ki Adi Mundis Lightsaber would be beautiful. Or even a straight up Count Dooku Saber. Ultrasabers u
You guys rule!

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »

Speaking of which, Malik.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41082.0

Ask and you shall receive  Cheesy

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 04:17:08 AM »

Wanted to post this as it makes for interesting discussion and to follow up with RhylisArdhrn's suggestion.

US already has inspired by hilts for the right two being the Shock and Dorinian.

The left two (from outside in) are Ki Adi Mundis and Kit Fisto, to which I've always admired Kit's hilt myself.  I mean, look at those fins on the emitter Shocked

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »

Wanted to post this as it makes for interesting discussion and to follow up with RhylisArdhrn's suggestion.

US already has inspired by hilts for the right two being the Shock and Dorinian.

The left two (from outside in) are Ki Adi Mundis and Kit Fisto, to which I've always admired Kit's hilt myself.  I mean, look at those fins on the emitter Shocked

Agreed, I would love to see the other two created to "complete the collection" if you will.  I would recommend throwing this in the wish-list thread, Haz. I can move it if you want.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 07:12:07 PM »

Agreed, I would love to see the other two created to "complete the collection" if you will.  I would recommend throwing this in the wish-list thread, Haz. I can move it if you want.

Great idea, yeah I'll take this over there to share.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 12:31:40 PM »

Great idea, yeah I'll take this over there to share.

The ideas all yours my friend. Good thinking with these sabers and point incoming. I dig the find on that Kit saber myself

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:47 PM »

Thanks, bro and appreciation point returned.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »

Actually....#2 is more Mundi's Undecided

But then I look it up and yup. Apparently the props director just hands out random hilts. Like why #4 started out as Mace Windu's in EP1 then became Plo Koon's.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 06:02:47 PM »

Actually....#2 is more Mundi's Undecided

But then I look it up and yup. Apparently the props director just hands out random hilts. Like why #4 started out as Mace Windu's in EP1 then became Plo Koon's.

Hello everybody, There was a bit of confusion over who owned which saber but most of it was down to the publishers of the Visual Dictionary books and the photography needed for them. They had to get images of the characters pre-production and so on occasion the "correct" saber wasn't available for the photoshoots. The incident with Samuel L having the "Plo Koon" hilt was later retconned in the comic books with the story that Windu exchanged his saber with that of Eeth Koth in an "act of Fealty" and they later swapped the hilts back between Ep1 and 2 (so I guess that makes No4 an Eeth Koth hilt too).

For the actual filming and on set the prop department stuck to using the sabers that were chosen by the actors (usually) In this YT video you get to see Ewan choosing his Ep1 hilt.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RMAJ0GPJU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

I say the Props Dept usually made sure everyone had the correct saber but you will probably know that Palpatine famously wielded a Graflex based hilt during parts of his duel with Windu in Ep3. This was probably down to the fact the Palpatine saber wasn't suited to spinning Orbits so a longer hilt with stunt blade was subbed in for those shots.

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 06:18:51 PM »

I've always thought of 1 as ki adis and two as kit fistos/luminarias. I've always loved how the Dorinian is identically Plo/Eath Koth/ inspired, and I would love to get a shock, its gorgeous and reminds me of shaak ti/aayla securas saber. I generally enjoy the jedi clan hilts and I am very thankful that I can make my own unique and similar looking clan hilts with all the MHS parts. I'm also thankful to be be able to buy shock emitter /pommel and catalyst pommel individually. I appreciate you guys elaborating on clan hilt truth Haha. And that video of ewen was great, thank you for putting that up!

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 06:32:15 PM »

Hi RhylisArdhrn,

That was my thoughts also about Ki-Adi having No.1. I seem to remember him having that saber in the TCW cartoon and I'm sure I read that the cartoon was considered a good reference for canon regards hilt designs (i.e. the hilts seen in the show were the ones assigned for each character).

And I'm glad the video worked, I wasn't sure it had as I can't view them when embedded on the forum (I have an old laptop and browser!).

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »

This also happened....

Grievous had identical hilts to both Obi-Wan AND Anakin.... probably an Easter egg.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: