Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I had just recieved a Electrum Wind and I can't even use it!  (Read 571 times)
Sacredprawn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 12, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

After already contacting Ultra Sabers and to my surprise no response, this is the next best place. I recently bought a few mystery boxes and got Mace's light saber with sound. Sadly, I went to put the blade in and the screw just went straight threw the hole and would just rotate freely. I am not sure if something is stripped or the screw isn't the right size. I know it isn't standard because my 4 others have different screws. I am highly disappointed I can't use it and am curious if anyone else has had this problem and/or how I could fix it.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »

Hey there Sacredprawn,

How long ago did you email?  Sometimes it does take a while is all...

You may have a 10-32 or 10-24 thread hole there.  Most hilts use 8-32 thread retention screws, but some hilts have larger ones. 

I BELIEVE that the Electrum Wind has a normal retention screw, and a 10-24 holding the shroud in place, but don't have one to actually look at.

I'd try those two sizes (go to a hardware store to see - yeah really), then proper ones can be obtained once you know the correct size. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:04 AM »

Rapine is correct, I would check your retention screw size which should be 8-32 but you can always check at a hardware store to be sure

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: