Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: JAMES GUNN BACK TO DIRECT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3  (Read 2816 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »

Was it really a "toxic Fanbase" (By Thunder I am so sick of seeing those words) that called for his termination?  Seemed to me it was people who weren't even really fans anyway.  All I saw of the fan base, from people on both sides of the political spectrum, was that it was a stupid move.
An Alt Right website "broke" the news and then yes, toxic fanbase took up the cause, as a way to hit back against the firing of Roseanne Barr due to her twitter comments. Real fans understood that while his tweets were in poor taste he didn't actually do anything wrong. But there were those who twisted what was into something it wasn't for their own agenda.

But, as this is getting close to violating forum rules (not discussion about politics) let's focus on the positives. Disney and Gunn have made up, he's back to direct GotG 3 (after he's finished directing Suicide Squad 2) and we have more great movies to look forward to.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 10:34:59 PM »

An Alt Right website "broke" the news and then yes, toxic fanbase took up the cause, as a way to hit back against the firing of Roseanne Barr due to her twitter comments. Real fans understood that while his tweets were in poor taste he didn't actually do anything wrong. But there were those who twisted what was into something it wasn't for their own agenda.

But, as this is getting close to violating forum rules (not discussion about politics) let's focus on the positives. Disney and Gunn have made up, he's back to direct GotG 3 (after he's finished directing Suicide Squad 2) and we have more great movies to look forward to.

Oh I know the background, and that is my point.  All those calling for or agreeing with the firing also said they didn't like Gotg anyway...I spent 2 days reading those posts.  So I don't consider them an actual "Fanbase"  just assholes.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 10:42:47 PM »

Yeah. Maybe I should come up with a different term to use. Anyway, positive thoughts. Happy times.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »

It's good that he's back, for real fans of the franchise and for the cast and crew. I know Dave Bautista especially took his firing hard, though none of them were happy. That says a lot about the man.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 11:10:53 PM »

Indeed. Bautista has long stated that the only reason he has a movie career is because James Gunn took a chance on him. And the fact that he knew he was jeopardising his career by very vocally and publically backing Gunn and calling out Disney for the way they treated the situation when it happened speaks to the integrity and loyalty of the man.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »

I for one am happy to see Gunn back, though I'm not surprised.  I figured Disney would eventually reverse their decision once they announce they were going to stick with his script.  I can't think of another director who could direct the GotG films.  They are the most irreverent (in a good way) of all the Marvel properties.  Only someone who has this sort of humor can successfully direct this sort of franchise. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:04 PM »

This is kinda linked to this news, but I've heard that Joss Whedon might be on the verge of coming back into the MCU fold and direct another movie.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 02:10:32 AM »

Indeed. Bautista has long stated that the only reason he has a movie career is because James Gunn took a chance on him. And the fact that he knew he was jeopardising his career by very vocally and publically backing Gunn and calling out Disney for the way they treated the situation when it happened speaks to the integrity and loyalty of the man.

Agreed. I respect him for that

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: