Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unexpectedly Sith  (Read 2333 times)
Akdust
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: March 17, 2019, 02:18:11 AM »

Greetings all and well met.

My names Dustin or Akdust if you prefer, I'm an optician by trade and combat sports enthusiast by right. Started off in paintball, then to LARP, then to Hema and Airsoft, and now I find myself at your steps. I recently acquired an Aeon Le V2 from a local secondhand store that had no clue what it was, and figured why not. I still have a good supply of sparring gear and can hopefully dredge up some like-minded oddballs to challenge. 
  The reason for the post is that I wanted to get some input on options if I wanted to alter this saber to better fit my style, it sports a midgrade 36" blade with a blazing red light, simple guarded switch and AAA battery setup. If I find myself in mind to, how hard would it be to switch colors or add sound to it?

Thanks in advance

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
Nice saber you found there.
Given that the emitter can't be removed on the Aeon, it might be easier to get a newer saber in the color you want

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:34:28 AM »

Welcome aboard! Darth Vader is your HR representative, I do wish you luck.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Akdust
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!

Vader is in HR?! Shoot, I thought he would have been administrative. Don't know how I feel about having to tell him my doubts and concerns. Lol...

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 11:18:37 AM »

Welcome, Akdust!

Like Therion said, a new saber if you want a different color or to add sound is probably best. V2 Sabers are a more narrow diameter, so while very ergonomic it also limits what you can do in terms of altering or adding additional electronics. I'm pretty sure V2 Sabers aren't capable of sound for that reason, but others who frequently do their own builds would be able to tell you better (SciFiDude is an expert on that stuff!).

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!

Vader is in HR?! Shoot, I thought he would have been administrative. Don't know how I feel about having to tell him my doubts and concerns. Lol...

Well there were some ongoing issues with his managerial style..... I'm you're familiar with the Death Star staff meeting incident? Choking an Imperial Grand Admiral on video was a large PR nightmare, we needed to move Vader to a more lower profile position after that. It was a good move, complaints are at an all time low!

Welcome, Akdust!

Like Therion said, a new saber if you want a different color or to add sound is probably best. V2 Sabers are a more narrow diameter, so while very ergonomic it also limits what you can do in terms of altering or adding additional electronics. I'm pretty sure V2 Sabers aren't capable of sound for that reason, but others who frequently do their own builds would be able to tell you better (SciFiDude is an expert on that stuff!).

You actually can fit sound in a V2. It takes some "cram-fu" but it is very possible. There's a few sound sabers on the market with similar dimensions to a V2, some even a tad smaller. Sound boards have shrunk quite a bit over the years.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 05:37:19 AM »

Perhaps you might consider the Aeon LE V5? Choose the color you want (lite sound option) or punch it up a bit to the Emerald saber with sound and have the ability to change colors as you please.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »

a newer saber would be less headache, I'd still upgrade your find to a heavy grade blade for dueling and bait a buddy to take a swing or two to get them hooked.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 04:47:43 PM »

Optician, eh? If you're involved in producing the lenses, I can't imagine the work to change an LED will hold much fear to you Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=14541.0 and http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=16431.0 for guides on how to switch LEDs - It might be a bit of a squeeze in a v2, but it's doable; You'll only need one set of quick disconnect plugs (male + female ends) for the LED, and someone on here (or Ultrasabers themselves) can confirm which type they use for the single wire LED units. I'm pretty sure it's the 22 AWG JST SM 2 Pin Plug that you can find on Amazon and elsewhere, but US will sell you the right wires and connectors.

For sound, the news isn't as good. US don't sell a sound card that will fit in a v2 hilt. It's been done with third party soundcards, but it's a fairly significant undertaking - you're probably looking at a new switch, maybe new batteries and/or a resistor of some sort, and additional wiring. It's been done, as I say, but it's probably as cheap and certainly easier to buy a new 'sabre.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 01:30:42 AM »

Welcome!

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

TheKiltedWolf
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

"The Moonless Midnight is jealous of my Darkness"

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »

Welcome fellow Sith operator!
Don't worry about Vader in HR, once you get to know him he is a bit of a pushover.  Something about a Panda in May...whatever I was not listening.
Anyway, welcome brother and may the Force be with you!

New member of the Dark Side! 
Lightsaber duelest and student of the dulons.
Aeon V3 (orange) - Mystery Box
Dominix LE V3 (red)
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 (blue) - Grab Bag Spring 2019 Raffle
Scorpion (DVA with V4 sound)
More to be written here!

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 12:31:24 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Stai ai tu'iea karuvis Jen' Garthaz sorms kia itik j'us pradme kalv tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's your first Dark Side point to get you started down the only true path!)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »

Greetings all and well met.

My names Dustin or Akdust if you prefer, I'm an optician by trade and combat sports enthusiast by right. Started off in paintball, then to LARP, then to Hema and Airsoft, and now I find myself at your steps. I recently acquired an Aeon Le V2 from a local secondhand store that had no clue what it was, and figured why not. I still have a good supply of sparring gear and can hopefully dredge up some like-minded oddballs to challenge. 
  The reason for the post is that I wanted to get some input on options if I wanted to alter this saber to better fit my style, it sports a midgrade 36" blade with a blazing red light, simple guarded switch and AAA battery setup. If I find myself in mind to, how hard would it be to switch colors or add sound to it?

Thanks in advance
Well I'd have to ask what your style is in order to give you an informed opinion. Wink

Welcome to the forum. You got questions, we got answers......For $5.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: