Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New owner - Few questions  (Read 489 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: March 19, 2019, 11:47:07 AM »

Hello everyone. I am now the proud owner of some of brand new UltraSabers. Whoo Hoo Cheesy

I ordered a Grab Bag and a Mystery Box with sound and got two identical sabers excepting one had sound. Is that normal, getting the same exact saber in those orders? Also I ordered it last week while the 15% discount was available. But I read some good comments about the Mystery box. After I got it I priced the saber with sound and found it to be very close to the $200 point. It probably would have been close to the same price ordering a $200 saber and using the Sound Discount last week. Somehow I thought the Mystery Box was supposed to be a good deal, maybe I was just unlucky, twice.

I do, however, have just a few things I need help with. The battery pack in the Saber with sound has the batteries and sound board wrapped up with black electrical tape. How are you suppose to change the batteries? Won't peeling back the tape ruin the sound board?  Also the components in the sabers without sound are loose and rattle around quite a bit. Is this a concern? It doesn't seem to to be the best way to store electronics.

Finally, does anyone know how to contact Customer Service. I've called dozens of times with no answer, left messages and sent emails. I'm just a little worried about this with the cost if they don't support their products.

Just a new user asking for help,

Thanks,

Always try to do what is right.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:07:15 PM »

Hey there Ken at Sunrise,

The tape shouldn't be fully covering your batteries, but the board is coated in plastic, so it's safe to peel off. Smiley

As for the stunt with the rattling, try wrapping it with a small piece of foam or a tissue or something - I know, that sounds "trailer park", but it's quite effective, and many members do so.

Mystery boxes are completely random, so while it's kind of a drag that you got two of the same hilt, no one at UltraSabers would have known that.  Undecided

Also, they're worth at least $200 - yours hit that...lol  COULD have been a $400+ saber though - just wasn't this time.   Don't feel too dejected.

The staff at US do get quite busy, so calls and emails might be responded to very quickly sometimes (new releases, sales, raffles, comicons...).  Customer service is really good though - once you do reach them...lol

Try: marlena@ultrasabers.com.  She's good, and will hopefully get back to you fast...

Hope this helps.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 05:19:34 AM »

Thanks for responding so quickly

Hey there Ken at Sunrise,

The tape shouldn't be fully covering your batteries, but the board is coated in plastic, so it's safe to peel off. Smiley

I didn't think so either, but they are quite well wrapped to the board in tape.

As for the stunt with the rattling, try wrapping it with a small piece of foam or a tissue or something - I know, that sounds "trailer park", but it's quite effective, and many members do so.

It does sound that way a little especially for the price. I'll do that, but I wonder why UltraSaber wouldn't want make sure they are secure.

Mystery boxes are completely random, so while it's kind of a drag that you got two of the same hilt, no one at UltraSabers would have known that.  Undecided

Also, they're worth at least $200 - yours hit that...lol  COULD have been a $400+ saber though - just wasn't this time.   Don't feel too dejected.

Wel..  Angry I did a little. My wife I think was more surprised (let down). Just not the best start I guess.

The staff at US do get quite busy, so calls and emails might be responded to very quickly sometimes (new releases, sales, raffles, comicons...).  Customer service is really good though - once you do reach them...lol

Try: marlena@ultrasabers.com.  She's good, and will hopefully get back to you fast...

I did before the purchase, she was AWESOME. But since then I haven't heard from anyone.

Hope this helps.

And yes, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Always try to do what is right.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »

Undecided

All I can add is, from experience, patience pays.

Yeah - lousy start, and you aren't nearly the first one to complain about the rattling...

Hang in there...

Try Marlena again.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: