Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does Express ONLY overwrite and doesn't read the font?  (Read 1663 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: March 19, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

I was playing around and made a neat font using the Express. So when I reconnected I thought could change that saved font. But all it says is that it will overwrite. How would I modify it just a bit without loosing everything?

Thanks,

Always try to do what is right.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »

I was playing around and made a neat font using the Express. So when I reconnected I thought could change that saved font. But all it says is that it will overwrite. How would I modify it just a bit without loosing everything?

Thanks,

saving the sound to the font is a separate step from saving the font to the board. After you edit the font you will need to rewrite it to the board. I literally made this same mistake less than half an hour ago making a diamond sound tutorial for a friend who's trying to learn how to program their saber.

Clarification: Sorry, it's 4:30 AM and I'm tired. You should be able to open the font and edit only parts in Express. You have to make sure in the express editor that you have the correct font selected though.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:18:47 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something or my software is acting up. Regardless of which font I've selected, when I click on the Express Wizard it is the same for all and never seems to have the colors, or timing, of the chosen font.

Am I doing something wrong?

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:42:53 PM »

Is it a font already in your saber that you are trying to change, Or a font you are installing?

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »

Is it a font already in your saber that you are trying to change, Or a font you are installing?

I think I've tried both. But definitely I've tried with a font already installed. I can again tonight to be sure. I can edit it with the Advanced Font Editor. But the Font Wizard doesn't read the existing font AT ALL. It seems to only overwrite it.  I wanted to change the idle and keep the rest but it doesn't seem like that works.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 01:38:28 AM »

I have been following this but did not chime in because I have never used express. I didn't think I had anything to add, but was curious.
 Now I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure it works this way. You CAN edit an express font in the advanced editor.  You can NOT edit an advanced font in the express editor.
Again,  I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully  someone with experience in both will correct me or clarify this.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 11:59:42 AM »

I have been following this but did not chime in because I have never used express. I didn't think I had anything to add, but was curious.
 Now I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure it works this way. You CAN edit an express font in the advanced editor.  You can NOT edit an advanced font in the express editor.
Again,  I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully  someone with experience in both will correct me or clarify this.

I think you're right. I think I can add to this.

You CAN edit an express built font in the advanced editor.  You can NOT edit ANY existing font in the express editor.

The reason I'm asking, is that I build an express font which I really like. Then I just wanted to change a couple of things but instead had to start over. Not a big deal but a lot of extra steps noting the colors of every move first just to change the one. Oh well... if that's the way it is designed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: