Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A couple issues w/my new saber.  (Read 2412 times)
Rash-Leer
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« on: March 20, 2019, 04:12:38 AM »

So I recently got a saber with dark violet amethyst, the rechargeable Li-Ion setup w/buckpuck, and no sound.
Here are the issues:
1. So a buckpuck is supposed to make LEDs with more than one color blend better. Well I got one for my DVA and it doesn't look much different than the regular violet amethyst I had. It doesn't change colors as the battery gets lower but it doesn't look purple; it looks more lavender/light pink. I know the blades look different on cam than irl but I took a pic of it w/my phone and it still doesn't look like any of the different VA I've seen on these forums.
2. When the batteries get low, the blade blinks. I emailed US and they said this is normal. But if the battery pack is shaken, the rate of blinking changes and sometimes even just flickers.
So I'm not sure if something's wrong, or if it has to do with the fact that this is my first saber w/either Li-Ion or a buckpuck so I'm not used to it and the DVA just sucks.

Thoughts please? Also, here's the email I sent US and the one they sent back, idk if this is useful information for you, but just in case:

"I recently ordered one of your ultra sabers, and there's a problem where after a short while of being on, the blade starts blinking. Also at one point it was flickering as if a wire was loose or something. When I jostled the saber it stopped flickering and went back to blinking. Something's definitely wrong. Also, it's dark violet amethyst but it doesn't look like any of the amethyst sabers I saw on the forums. I know the blades look different on camera but I took a pic of it with my phone and it still didn't look right. It has a buck puck but looks the same as the regular violet amethyst I had, if not lighter."

"I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to your saber.  There are typically symptoms due to the batteries.  The batteries either need to be fully charged or you have a FULLY DEAD cell.  Also, please make sure you are using the 3.7V Li-Ion batteries that came with the saber and not regular AA batteries.

Please remove the batteries from your saber and fully charge the batteries in the external charger.  When you charge the batteries both lights on the charger should be RED when the batteries are drained.  If either light is green (or flickering) when the battery is drained then that battery is fully dead and needs to be replaced.  However, if both lights are red then let the batteries charge until the lights turn GREEN.

You can also use a multimeter to test the batteries.  When fully charged, the batteries should read 4.2V and if they are FULLY DEAD (therefore unusable) they would read ~0 V.

Let us know if you have a fully dead cell or if charging the batteries helped fix the issue."

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »

Hey Rash-Leer,

VA v DVA was just discussed on another thread, so the colours are fresh in my alleged mind.  

I own a DVA saber myself, and like how purple it looks.  VA is pink to me.

Here's a pic of mine just for reference:  

Did you do the battery thing that US customer service recommended?  

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »

Buck pucks don't make colors blend better. What happens with a color like VA is that the red die draws less power than the blue one does. With a resistor, as the battery drains, the red will continue getting enough power while the blue will eventually start not getting enough power. When that happens, the blue will dim and the red will become more pronounced. If it goes down low enough, the blade will eventually go totally red. I've seen this first hand with a Sentinel Yellow blade, which is a mix of red and green. The buck puck keeps the power levels consistent as the battery drains, so VA won't turn red. If the battery gets down too low with a buck puck, the saber will blink and then just turn off. I've seen this first hand as well. So, with both batteries fully charged, you're going to see no difference in VA between a resistor and a buck puck, but as the batteries drain it will become visible.

Rash-Leer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 03:37:00 AM »

Hey Rash-Leer,

VA v DVA was just discussed on another thread, so the colours are fresh in my alleged mind.  

I own a DVA saber myself, and like how purple it looks.  VA is pink to me.

Here's a pic of mine just for reference:  

Did you do the battery thing that US customer service recommended?  

Yes, I did. The part where it flickers when I jostle it only happens when the batteries are low. So I guess it's ok. I'm just gonna get a different LED I guess.

Rash-Leer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:07 AM »

Thanks for your input, people.

Taratx
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 08:01:47 AM »

I recently posted about a new dva saber I got looking more lavender. I was told that the white from the ultra edge blade will mute purple and that I need a plain midgrade blade. I have yet to get one to see it in person(I'll just order another mystery box at some point.) but completely trust the forums opinion.

Here is the link to my post so you can see responses.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41516.0

Sabers
$75 Mystery Boxes                                  Custom order
*Aeon v4 w/ covertec wheel                     *Spectre DVA Light sound Raffle win
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                
*Dark Initiate V4 CG [w] Av(son's)           4th Place Raffle Prize
*Archon v2.1 Emeral Driver                     * Aeon V4 [w] AV CG

Gifted: 5 $75 MBs Sentinel LE v4 [w] PO, Apprentice LE v3 [w] AV GB, DSIBS v3 no lines GB, DSIBS v3 lines AV BR, Dominix LE v3 AV SRD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: