Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: GOOGLE STADIA: The Future of Gaming?  (Read 7817 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »

One advantage that consoles have is that they do more than just play games. They are more akin to entertainment centres.  I use my ps4 to watch  Netflix, Prime, YouTube,  BBC iplayer as well as watch dvds/bluray. Plus I also game. Consoles are much more versatile than some people think.
I agree, but you can also do that with any other number is devices. Just about anything you can plug into a TV now days you can do an off that on it. Hell now most TVs come with that ability straight out of the box.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:07 AM »

Hell now most TVs come with that ability straight out of the box.
Oh, I know that. However, I like having those things through my console rather than on a smart tv. For instance, my parents do not have internet where they live (they're old and don't want it). So when we all go home for Christmas, we are usually stuck watching whatever crap is on terrestrial tv. So, I took my PS3 with me so we could and connected it to BT Hotspot and accessed ny streaming platforms that way.

I agree, but you can also do that with any other number is devices.
I didn't think you could play bluray on Xbox? I've always been a playstation guy, so may be wrong.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:47 AM »

Yes, Smart TVs can do almost everything a console can except play games, store games and saved data onto them since they don't have a dynamic drive.  I'm a multiplayer gamer so I curious as to see how one will be able to use a headset with this

My thing about this is that gaming consoles are made specifically for gaming and other entertainment methods.  You power the console on, you pick the game you want and you play it.  It's also set up specifically to you as well.  This streaming service that allows people to play games on your TV is like playing a game on a regular laptop instead of a gaming laptop.  The idea is good and I'll give it a try; however, my gaming needs are solely for hardcore gaming style as this new service seems more like a casual gaming type of thing.  Sure, you can play it "virtually anywhere" but Xbox games now allow you to play on the console, computer, tablet, and your phone too.  I think it's a good idea but the same idea has been tried several times and failed.  This may very well work and be an addition to future gaming but I don't think it'll replace consoles

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »

^^ This.

Am I alone in not wanting to game "anywhere, anytime"? When I game, I want to sit there for 4 hours in one go, in the comfort of my own home, and focus on destruction, death and carnage. I don't want to grab a few minutes here and there just to pass the time on a journey on in a waiting room or whatever.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »

You're not alone. I don't even game on my iPhone or iPad. My gaming is solely on the console and my gaming PCs. 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 11:54:37 AM »

Consoles and PC FTW. I liked portable gaming to an extent, but the older I get the less important it is to me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »

You're not alone. I don't even game on my iPhone or iPad. My gaming is solely on the console and my gaming PCs. 
My phone is for calls and texts, my ipad is for accessing the net when I'm out and about. My console is for gaming.

Consoles and PC FTW.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »

My phone is also for texting and calls but I do get on this awesome forum when I'm on the go.  My iPad is only used to read my books.

Points to you guys for loving the console and pc for gaming! Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 05:27:29 AM »

My phone is my mobile computer. But, I still don't like playing games on it.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 01:01:28 PM »

The only games I like playing on my ipad is solitare, freecell, spider solitaire, hearts etc.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »

I use my phone more for music than anything

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

I use my phone more for music than anything

That too.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »

Yes, Smart TVs can do almost everything a console can except play games, store games and saved data onto them since they don't have a dynamic drive.  I'm a multiplayer gamer so I curious as to see how one will be able to use a headset with this

I was referring the extras the game console could do and nothing to do with gaming itself. It was brought up that game consoles can do all those extras so I was just pointing out that most of those we already have through other means.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »

I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m saying that they both have limits with one geared towards more towards gaming with entertainment as a secondary while the other one hears towards entertainment with gaming as a secondary.  I want to see how the Stadia fairs with multiplayer

Look at email, it was supposed to take over physical mail which is still around. People still use faxes too, it might not be as popular but it still exists. My point is that direct game streaming won’t replace consoles but will be a good addition to the gaming world

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 10:24:24 PM »

People still use faxes too, it might not be as popular but it still exists.
They do? I think faxes have been pretty much phased out in the UK (although I could be wrong).

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: