Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Savior Question  (Read 1133 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 23, 2019, 08:24:23 PM »

So this is regarding the emitter, does anyone else always have a problem with thick wall blades and the set screw sticking out some? I'd really like to duel with my Crimson Savior in the future but not really sure on what to do about the set screw sticking out whenever I have thick wall blades in x.x I have a possible new saber dueling buddy in town actually so. I just wish the emitter was made as thick as say a Shock emitter at least
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:55:02 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »

I don't own one yet so I can't comment but I fixed the title for you though.  Wink

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »

Do you have a dermal? Just take the screw down a little. Or go to TCSS, they sell different lengths screws.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:26:12 AM »

If you know the specifics of what you want, there are many site to buy them from. ebay, amazon, even some of the home improvement sites sell them in various quantities.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 02:19:31 AM »

Honestly, the set screw sticking out some doesn't really affect performance. My Savior is my regular saber and I've not had an issue. Part that sticks out sits between the ridges in the emitter so it's not noticeable unless you're looking close, and it doesn't loosen any faster than another saber with heavy use. I will say though that I usually take the little knob below the emitter off because THAT can come loose and affects grip it the best spot on the saber. If you REALLY want to, it's possible to tighten it flush, but it will leave a huge indent on your blade.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »

Honestly, the set screw sticking out some doesn't really affect performance. My Savior is my regular saber and I've not had an issue. Part that sticks out sits between the ridges in the emitter so it's not noticeable unless you're looking close, and it doesn't loosen any faster than another saber with heavy use. I will say though that I usually take the little knob below the emitter off because THAT can come loose and affects grip it the best spot on the saber. If you REALLY want to, it's possible to tighten it flush, but it will leave a huge indent on your blade.

Zren, the Savior is also my go-to, two-handed saber for dueling. I have put it through a lot of combat this year with no problems. I agree with everything the Lady said. My suggestion would be to remove the decorative knob and to change your hand placement while wielding the saber. Since you have a shock pommel I would recommend that change too.  The natural choke point below the colored emitter is ideal, so your hands would never even come in contact with the retention screw. Also, I would recommend lacrosse or fencing gloves for and sparring and that should prevent any screw related scraps. I had a picture of my Savior with one of my cats on my phone (who doesn’t?), so I just marked it at the natural choke points you should try to have your hands. Good luck!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: