Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grand Master for the blind.  (Read 4329 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 03:00:30 AM »

I wouldn't, the saber really screams "Jedi" to me.
That's exactly why I would use it, because it bends ones perceptions, and makes you question good and evil.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 04:47:40 AM »

The Grand Master is a saber from the Old Republic and showcases its beautiful design of the era.  The original saber was a yellow-bladed sparring lightsaber that Satele Shan used in the Cold War and the Galactic War.  It shares the same design as her second double-bladed lightsaber that was wielded during the Battle of Alderaan which was damaged by Darth Malgus.  

Starting from the emitter, the emitter has three fins that start from the tip of the emitter which is staggered going down towards the body of the saber.  Between each fin are three cathedral-like windows with the two side windows running parallel while the middle window is about 90% higher than the side two.  Each fin has connecting rods that "fuses" the emitter to the body of the saber to both stabilize the emitter during use and also makes for a beautiful design.  The thin neck emitter is slightly reminiscent of Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber during and post-Episode 3 (to me it is).  There is a thin neck piece but unlike Obi-Wan's that is centered in the neck of the saber, the piece is much closer to the emitter.  

Moving down to the body of the saber. The rods that connect the fins of the emitter connects to their receiving counterparts at the top of the body.  In between two of the connection points, is the switch housing that brings the saber to life with the touch of the AV switch.  The switch itself is housed by a thin activation box that is much wider at the top where the AV switch is located and narrows down towards the bottom which is held in place by two retention screws.  Moving onto the rest of the body which may be about 8 to 9" in length. It has etched designs that date back to the Old Republic and is native to Satele Shan herself. There are lots of curved and circular designs throughout the body of the hilt. It can be ordered in black, crimson, azure or gold in which the body will be in either of those four colors while the etching will still be in the aluminum finish (silver).

Towards the bottom of the saber and exactly 180 degrees from the switch is where the covertech wheel resides.  Moving beyond that is the pommel which has two subtle grooves that are evenly spaced before the emitter tapers off while having three indented groves that surrounds the bottom of the emitter that has three swirls like designs cut into the bottom to allow sound to travel out of the pommel. In between these cut designs are smaller swirls that are etched in place.

This saber has an overall length of 13" with a body diameter of 1.6" and have MHS compatible emitter and pommel.  This saber is powered by the almighty CREE XP-E2 LED with the choice of being powered by 4AAA batteries or 14500 Lithium Ion batteries

This saber can be had as an individual in any color or yellow to represent the sparring lightsaber or in AB to represent Satele Shan as the Grand Master.  Ultimately, the owner can always choose whatever color they want. It is truly a saber worthy of the name
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:35:14 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »

Amazing description Infinit01, there is a point coming your way.  I just wish I could give you more points without having to wait 24 hours.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

You're welcome, BlindJedi.  It was fun to describe. Thanks! Smiley

Genesis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please!

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 11:46:56 PM »

I wonder if the “Grand Master” will be heavy dualing capable? 🤔

Currently Owned Lightsabers:
- Aeon LE V4 - Stunt - Tri GB
- Dark Initiate V5 - Stunt - BR
- Scorpion - Stunt - Tri AS wo/claw*
- Dark Savior - Stunt - Tri GB w/MLS Tri BR, Tri CG and Tri AB*
- Grand Master x2 - Stunt Double Saberstaff - Tri GB*

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 04:49:43 AM »

Which version of this saber best fits the one from the game.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 06:35:17 PM »

I've got a Grand Master with red blade.  Reckon BlindJedi can't see but it looks cool.

sparring-wise, because of all the 3D art on the top third of the hilt, you have to grip it lower and in a certain way.  Which is farther from the center of balance, so it's more effort to control the blade.

This hilt is also the second heaviest I've held (Emperor's Hand takes that price). 

It's very beautiful, but there's more practical designs for fighting with as a saber.  In a staff, the balance issue vanishes, but you've still got reduced grippable area, keeping your hands closer together, as well.  I don't have that setup, but can smell a potential problem.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: