Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon V2 (My first lightsaber!)  (Read 1040 times)
StarWarsFan626
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« on: April 09, 2019, 01:27:50 AM »

This is a bit late because I got this in December but at least I got to have some time to figure out what I liked and what I disliked about it.

First impression: Awesome. The shipping was very fast. It came in two days, so that is good. When I first got it, the time was around 3:30 and it was pretty bright outside. I had turned it on for the first time in a room with very large windows, so a lot of sunlight got through. It was very bright, even during daylight. The weight of the hilt was perfect and was the perfect length too. This saber hilt was not my ideal style, but it was very good for my first saber. The LEDs were extremely bright. The color discs were very high quality and gave me the colors I liked.

Now that I've had it for a while, it is time to review it.

The overall weight of the entire saber is perfect. Not too top heavy or bottom heavy. The hilt is holding up extremely well and is in top quality condition (maybe not perfect but pretty darn close.) The guarded switch kinda sticks out a bit far, but it gives an added effect to the hilt and I like it a lot. The way the hilt looks is very cool. I like the way the metal feels in your hands when you grab it. The groove thingys that are tightly packed to give the metal a matte-ish look is what I am talking about. Most plastic lightsabers will make my hand slip to the pommel almost every time, but with this lightsaber, no. The grip and look of the hilt are very good.

The blade has held up the most and has definitely exceeded my expectations. The only noticeable signs of wear are at the bottom of the blade where you screw it in. But other than that it is extremely good. With only a few bumps and barely noticeable scratches, it is extremely good.

Now the downsides.

Though shipping took two days, processing took about a week, which made me a bit irritated. And extremely anxious and exited. The blade was a bit too short and I noticed that the LEDs eventually started to get less and less bright. The battery life is slowly decreasing , but barely. Also, for some reason, one of the batteries exploded in the battery pack and corrosion was EVERYWHERE. It got stuck in the tiny grooves of the metal and also in the screw part of the pommel which makes it hard to put back on. I was able to fix it with lemon juice and it has not happened again.

The color disks are pretty good. I will defenitely say DO NOT USE MORE THAN 2 AT A TIME! The blade gets very very dim. Also, I started to notice scratches in the middles of them too. Also, using one was not colorful enough so I could not find a happy medium.

Overall review: 8.9/10. I can not say it is perfect, but it is pretty darn close. Dispite it's very very minor flaws, it is a great saber. I am definitely going to buy another. Very nice job!

My sabers: Aeon V2 TRI AS

My wishlist: Phantasm Initiate V3 in CG, Renegade LE Diamond, Dorinian in GB, Apprentice LE V5 in BVA, Dark Initiate LE V5 in BR, Prophecy in AB, Brood Guard LE in BR or SR, Empress in SY or FR, Bellicose in CG or VA, Butcher in VA or BR, Fulcrum & Lost Grey in CG, Chosen One CE in BR, Dominicide (Cant decide what color lol), The Fallen in FO or GB, Dark Monarch Diamond,

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:58:56 AM »

Sounds like a nice, honest review.
Willing to bet that part of your delay in processing was your timing on buying it

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:43:09 AM »

Thanks for such a straightforward, honest review. That's why I like this forum so much. People are honest and fair when it comes to reviews. Pros and cons are given equal attention. That helps anyone who is considering a saber purchase. Keep up the good work and enjoy your saber. Welcome to the forum.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »

Good review, SWF. The Aeon V2 is a good saber

StarWarsFan626
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 02:11:28 AM »

Yes that is why. i ordered it around christmas so I can see why there would be a delay.

My sabers: Aeon V2 TRI AS

My wishlist: Phantasm Initiate V3 in CG, Renegade LE Diamond, Dorinian in GB, Apprentice LE V5 in BVA, Dark Initiate LE V5 in BR, Prophecy in AB, Brood Guard LE in BR or SR, Empress in SY or FR, Bellicose in CG or VA, Butcher in VA or BR, Fulcrum & Lost Grey in CG, Chosen One CE in BR, Dominicide (Cant decide what color lol), The Fallen in FO or GB, Dark Monarch Diamond,

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 04:49:12 AM »

If say a reverse LE comes out then I'll be all over a V2 again Tongue Black grooves silver body basically. I do miss having an all around beater saber though, but that's also why I got me a Dominix V3 anyway though as well Yours sounds cool. We use imgur to upload pics to the forum =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: