Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: THE LION KING - OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 1648 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »

Lol! "Loony, loony, loony!"
Love that movie. One of Reiner's/King's best.

Over here in the states, the Sandlot is just a comedy showcasing the adventures and outrageousness kids would get into at that age,
I kinda gathered from the numerous times it's brought up on Screen Junkies, Collider, Reel Rejects etc. But as baseball is primarily played in America (but confusingly has a competition called the "world" series) that's probably why it's never been shown/isn't popular over here.

Funnily enough though, Field of Dreams was a big hit over here. Probably because it was more emotional and less about the sport.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »

Love that movie. One of Reiner's/King's best.
I kinda gathered from the numerous times it's brought up on Screen Junkies, Collider, Reel Rejects etc. But as baseball is primarily played in America (but confusingly has a competition called the "world" series) that's probably why it's never been shown/isn't popular over here.

Funnily enough though, Field of Dreams was a big hit over here. Probably because it was more emotional and less about the sport.
Right, that's the argument here, if Field of Dreams is a sports movie or not. Because of the baseball backdrop, it gets lumped in, but I don't necessarily view it as such, because of the much deeper story it tries to tell of a father and his son.
I think nowadays, baseball has more right to call it a world series since there is a lot of diversity in baseball, but it's in no way global. It's old fashioned, too many nuisances.. my local team, the Los Angeles Dodgers, have been blacked out for like 4 years so I only get to see them in the playoffs.. not that I'm dying to see them anyway

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:42 PM »

Ok, I know who Mr. Mertle is then. It has been a very long time since I watched The Sandlot.

Google is your friend.

Meh. Why use Google when you have Saberforum. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 09:21:39 PM »

Right, that's the argument here, if Field of Dreams is a sports movie or not. Because of the baseball backdrop, it gets lumped in, but I don't necessarily view it as such, because of the much deeper story it tries to tell of a father and his son.
Agreed

I think nowadays, baseball has more right to call it a world series since there is a lot of diversity in baseball, but it's in no way global.
Exactly. If it's not global than it can;t be a "world" series. In football the World Cup has countries from all across the world taking part. In the rugby world cup, you have countries from all across the world taking part. That's how people outside of America view these things, but I know it's not going to change anytime soon. Just find it funny.

Meh. Why use Google when you have Saberforum. Wink
It's quicker. And isn't it more satisfying your curiosity on your own than just being told something?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: