Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disney+ Developing 'Hawkeye' TV Series Starring Jeremy Renner  (Read 648 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: April 10, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »

Looks like I'll have to subscribe to the Disney streaming service now.

Several popular Marvel characters are getting their own TV shows on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service, and now it's been revealed that the best, most popular, most amazing Avenger is getting his own series. No, not Captain America. Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, is getting a solo TV show on Disney+ in the near future.

Variety broke the news on Wednesday morning, reporting that Disney+ was indeed developing a Hawkeye series in addition to its projects based on Scarlet Witch and Loki. Jeremy Renner, who has starred as Hawkeye in the MCU, will reprise his role in the show. However, Renner won't be the only Hawkeye to appear.

The show is set to be based on the Hawkeye comics in which Barton passes the torch to the next archer to take on the mantle, Kate Bishop. It will be an adventure series that follows Kate's training to become the Hawkeye of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, allowing Barton to officially retire.

This will be a limited series for Disney+, much like the other shows that are based on MCU characters. However, while there may not be a ton of episodes, these are the first shows that will truly tie into the events going on in the MCU. Therefore, the set up of Kate Bishop will actually carry over into the Avengers franchise, allowing her to take Clint's place on the big screen.

Are you excited for a Hawkeye TV series to arrive? Which of the Disney+ shows are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments!

Source:
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/10/hawkeye-tv-series-disney-plus-jeremy-renner/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=190410_131223_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »

This is exciting. I'd love to see something like this, but at the same time, it is almost a bit of a spoiler for Endgame (potentially).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:43:55 PM »

It can very well be about his life that leads up to being Hawkeye and will have the rest of the MCU timeline spread out through future seasons. Then years from now, it can show his life after EndGame. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »

Hence the "(potentially)"/

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:47:59 AM »

This is exciting. I'd love to see something like this, but at the same time, it is almost a bit of a spoiler for Endgame (potentially).

I'm just happy about it. that just said Loki is getting a series. HE ISN'T DEAD!!!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 05:16:32 AM »

I'm just happy about it. that just said Loki is getting a series. HE ISN'T DEAD!!!
Unless the Loki show is set before Infinity War. Or he is brought back as a result of whatever happens in End Game.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »

Unless the Loki show is set before Infinity War. Or he is brought back as a result of whatever happens in End Game.

praying he comes back (again)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 06:47:22 AM »

I think both series are supposed to be "prequels" of sorts

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: