Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Noob battery question  (Read 697 times)
XenithSkylord
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 11, 2019, 09:20:52 AM »

I'm going to be honest, I'm only asking because nothing was included with my saber about this.

I got my saber in last night and my father and I were messing around with it. We didn't know how it was pwoered, we ket looking for some kind of charging port but there wasn't one.

Then we took off the hilt and managed to get the batteries that are inside the hilt outside (Without damaging anything I'll add) and now I'm confused.

Am I going to have to replace these batteries at some point? Surely they can't last forever. If I do, can someone direct me to a forum link or youtube video on how so I know for the future?

inb4 "Just look it up" I've had my lightsaber for less than a day and I don't want to spend the next hour sifting through forum posts or google links, I can just ask you guys! You all know more than me I can promise you that.

Cheers guys, again, sorry for the noobish question, I just don't know the  answer.

-Xenith

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »

We need some more details about your saber and the battery pack you looked at to give an exact answer (look at your order in case it's a customized saber and not a Grab Bag/Mystery Box/Raffle Prize):

1. How many batteries are in the battery pack?
2. Has it sound?
3. If it has sound, what kind of? Obsidian Premium (v3/v4) or Obsidian Lite?
4. Has it an additional board - the Emerald Driver or the Diamond Controller?

If you can answer 1. with "4" and 2. with "No", then you have the 4xAAA battery setup. Those need to be replaced once they're drained. You can use either one-time batteries or rechargeable batteries of the AAA size as replacements, but don't mix them.
If you answer 1. with "2", it's the Li-Ion setup - see below.

If you can answer 1. with "4" and 2. with "Yes" and "Obsidian Lite", it's the 4xAAA setup again.

If you can answer 2. with "Yes" and Obsidian Premium" and/or 3. with "Yes" (Diamond makes question 2 redundant), then you have the Li-Ion setup again.

Li-Ion setups are handled like this:

NO replacing with normal AA batteries! Always replace with 14500 PCB protected Li-Ion batteries!
NO charging with regular battery chargers! Always charge with a special Li-Ion battery charger, for example the VC2 from XTAR!

You may also post a picture of the battery pack pulled out of the saber if you're not sure how the boards look like and can't answer the respective questions Smiley

Replacing is simple - pop out the old batteries, put them in a Li-Ion battery charger (if Li-Ion) or throw them in a separate waste (if AAA - don't throw in them in the regular waste as they need to be disposed of properly due to harmful chemicals in there!).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: