Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Sabers are the wrong color  (Read 851 times)
MBBatman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 12, 2019, 12:22:31 AM »

Hi.... First post here.

I have a question about the color of my saber.  I have the Phantom Initiate V3 (LE) in a staff formation.  I ordered it with both blades as Dark Violet Amethyst. 

When I received it, (love the look by the way so not a totally negative post, lol), but the color when lit was a real let down.  It looks very light purple, leaning to off pink. 

Well, naturally, the batteries are loose, (no tape around them, so one slipped out).  As I went to slip it back in place, I saw multiple different colors, Red, Orange, bright Hot Pink (looks nicer than I thought it would), and the color I thought I was ordering...… Dark Violet Amethyst!!!.....  So I taped them in place....."still the color I wanted"..... and as I slid them back in......boom.... back to light purple.

How do I get these colors to remain on?  I'm kinda mad now, because I have seen the color choice I picked, but my saber isn't that color.

What can I do?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:44:11 AM »

Mixed colors especially the purples likes to drain faster sometimes x.x I suggest getting a whole new pack of batteries and still trying fresher batteries and see if that fixes it then. Get some pics up of the staff when you can though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »

Agree with Zren.

I have a similar staff, one side is VA the other DVA.  Here's a shot of it I took literally this morning:

And the same two hilts side-by-side:

Can you tell which is which?   :-)  Yeah, me either.   IN person it is easier, though.   For the record, the one on the right in the staff shot and the one in the foreground on the paired shot is DVA, the other is VA.

DVA is a "bluer" version of VA, which is a mix of red and blue.  Banes Heart is the same skewed toward red, btw.  But what happens when your batteries are not quite fresh is that the blue fades first, because the blue LED takes more energy than the red to illuminate.  So as your batteries fade, the color of the LED will shift toward red, becoming pure red just before the batteries go fully dead.   (This is on stunts and ObLite set-ups only.  LiIon setups have a buck puck capacitor that keeps the energy flow constant until it completely undervolts and the whole system dies, at which point you take the batteries out and charge them back up.  One advantage of the LiIon setup - constant color)

Now, what you described sounded like very erratic power input because of the loose batteries.   What you should see is a cool purple color, though it might flare to more pinkish VA toward the tip.  As Zren said, I'd get a fresh set of batteries, then make sure they are secure, and see what happens.  :-)   Unfortunately, the mixed colors are not an exact science and they do tend to fluctuate a bit.  Even if everything is perfect they might be slightly different.   My very first saber was a Phantom V3 in Sentinel Yellow.   One of them was perfect, a wonderful buttery yellow.  The other one was just a tinge more golden, and it had a tendency to green-shift at the emitter and red-shift at the tip, so the first 2-3" of the blade were more of an acid yellow-green and the tip would be orange.  :-)  It just was what it was.  That's one reason I got my current staff with one VA and one DVA.   They're not the same and I don't expect it, but they're close.   It seems like this is more "realistic" anyway, as no two crystals would be the same either. 

Anyway, sorry to preach!   I hope the fresh batteries yield the color you were hoping for!   Please post a picture or two as well, maybe there's more to the story.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: